Random missions (Answered, but feedback welcome)

A place for discussion about the UQMG, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: UberDemon

Random missions (Answered, but feedback welcome)

Postby laer on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:52 am

Just got UQMG a few days ago, and am impressed with how much better it is than the stock QMG.

I'm running FB/AEP/PF, and I imagine my mission requirements are pretty straight forward, and I'm hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction...

Basically, all I want to do is have random bombing missions using the He111. I've set it up (1 bomber, which I fly.... and an enemy flight of 2 fighters... and an airbase to attack). I've selected a variety of categories in the Random Rules And Sets section, but I don't think they are doing anything. My missions are the same (same time, same weather, etc). Not sure what's going on with the enemy fighters (if they start in the same place all the time, etc).

What do I need to do to have it so every time I press 'Create Mission', I'll get random weather, random time of day, random enemy air/ground units? (...among other factors)

I've been reading the tutorial and experimenting a bit, but at this point I'm a LITTLE overwhelmed by all the options, so (for now), I'm not sure if I'm doing this right...

Anyone care to walk me through the basic steps to create the type of mission I'm after?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers...
Last edited by laer on Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
laer
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby laer on Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:48 am

UberDemon was kind enough to answer this post in another forum, however, if anyone here wishes to add in their suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!
laer
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Aardvark892 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:58 pm

On the subject of randomness, I wish there was someway to set a planeset specifically for the opposition, and have the generator pick the enemy planes WITHOUT your knowing about it when you create the mission. A LONG time ago, there was a game called Fleet Defender, about the F-14, and it had an option to randomly pick the opposing fighters from a list you create, and it would randomize it every time you played that mission. UQMG does let you randomize, but it shows you what was picked, and it's set to stay that way from that point on. Does anyone know of any way to set something like this up? Uberdemon, is coding like that even possible in UQMG?

Thanks!
Tim
Aardvark892
Lance Air Corporal

Return to Uber Quick Mission Generator (UQMG)