UQMG UPGRADE 15 - 4.05m/Pe-2/Coral Sea & All Kurland Map

A place for discussion about the UQMG, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: UberDemon

UQMG UPGRADE 15 - 4.05m/Pe-2/Coral Sea & All Kurland Map

Postby UberDemon on Thu May 11, 2006 2:39 am

UQMG UPGRADE 15 - 4.05m/Pe-2/Coral Sea & All Kurland Maps

(Download and Installation Instructions in the bottom of this post.)
(Checkout many pictures below, all from sample missions included in this upgrade.)

Dear UQMG users from the IL-2 FB/PF Community,

I again apologize for being out of touch, but my personal and professional lives have not slowed down a bit. Here are some updates (for UQMG 5.x.x and higher) that will allow you to enjoy more maps plus all the new objects in the recent Pe-2 Upgrade. It is free, of course.

GENERAL FEATURES
======================================
* UQMG v5.0.44 (No UQMG engine changes)
* New support: Objects up to PF+FB+AEP v4.05m (Pe-2 Peshka Upgrade)
* 5 New Maps: Coral Sea, Kurland Autumn & Winter, Online Kurland Autumn & Winter
* 34 New Sample missions in new maps (some featuring flyable Pe-2s/Pe-3s)
* Feature details are explained below:

MODIFICATIONS TO EXISTING AIRCRAFT:
* Made Flyable: Pe-2 (1 series)(1940)
* Made Flyable: Pe-2 (84 series)(1942)
* Made Flyable: Pe-2 (110 series)(1942)
* Made Flyable: Pe-2 (359 series)(1944)
* Made Flyable: Pe-3 (series 1)(1941)
* Made Flyable: Pe-3 bis (1941)

GROUND OBJECTS EDITOR ADDITIONS (V=Vehicle/O=StaticObject/A=Artillery):
* (V/O) Soviet GAZ-55 Ambulance
* (V/O) Soviet GAZ Bus
* (V/O) Soviet GAZ AA Covered Truck
* (V/O) Soviet GAZ AAA Fuel Drum Truck
* (V/O) German Sd.Kfz.10 Half-Track Transport
* (V/O) German Sd.Kfz.6 Half-Track Transport
* (V/O/A) Soviet GAZ 4x7.62mm Maxim AA
* (V/O/A) SovietFAI-M Armored Vehicle (1939)
* (V/O/A) German Sd.Kfz.10-4 20mm Flak 38
* (V/O/A) German Sd.Kfz.6 37mm Flak 37
* (O/A) Soviet 45mm Anti-Tank Gun (1938)
* (O/A) Soviet 122mm Howitzer M-30
* (O/A) Soviet 4x7.62mm Maxim AA
* (O/A) Soviet 37mm 61-K AA
* (O/A) Soviet 76mm 3-K AA
* (O/A) German 37mm PaK 35 Anti-Tank Gun
* (O/A) German 75mm PaK 40 Anti-Tank Gun
* (O/A) German 20mm Flak 38 AA
* (O/A) German 37mm Flak 37 AA

NEW MAP - CORAL SEA
* Coral Sea - This map template is meant to mimic the long, gruelling patrols that were conducted in the vast waters of the Pacific. The ship movement (of the main carriers) was obtained from charts of the actual movements that took place early on 8 May 1942 during the battle of Coral Sea. If you accomplish your mission, you will be hard pressed to make it back home, and if you do you will fly on fumes. Air starts cut the destination by about half, and if you are not planning to fly for 2+ hours, make sure you configure the time skip with black screen in PF.

BATTLE OF CORAL SEA BACKGROUND
The Battle of Coral Sea was the first naval battle in history that was solely conducted by aircraft. No opposing ship saw or fired against each other.

Through code-breaking, US forces learned of Operation MO, in which the Japanese were going to invade Port Moresby in New Guinea. The Japanese assembled 70 Ships including the carriers Shokaku, Zuikaku, and the smaller Shoho, with a formidable force of 51 Kates, 43 Vals, and 54 Zeros, plus about 120 land-based planes in Rabaul. To counter the Japanese was Rear Admiral Frank Fletcher's Task Force 17, which included the Lexington and the Yorktown. The air strength comprised of 25 Devastators, 74 Dauntless', and 44 Wildcats.

On 7 May 1942, US aircraft sunk the Shoho. On early 8 May 1942, large air contingent from both sides found and attacked each other's main carriers. At 1115h the Japanese started their attack, and the Lexington was mortally wounded, and eventually lost at 2000h. The Yorktown was damaged. The Shokaku was badly damaged, while the Zuikaku was able to recover its aircraft. Over 100 Japanese planes were lost, as well as many of their most experienced naval airmen. The US objective of delaying the occupation of Port Moresby was achieved (it did not happen for another two months), but at a terrible cost.

NEW MAPS - KURLAND "ONLINE" AUTUMN & WINTER
* This Kurland map template is loosely based on the early war betwen the Germans advancing from Eastern Prussia (German occupied Poland) and the Soviets in the Kurland area (Soviet occupied Poland, Lithuania, and Latvia). The online map of Kurland has the same size as the other Kurland maps, however the area outside the center square is not populated with cities, increasing fps. This template is incredibly complex, making the flight factor very rewarding.

NEW MAPS - KURLAND AUTUMN & WINTER
* This Kurland map template depicts a fictional scenario with Germany advancing against Soviet held Kurland fron two different locations. The scenario could also represent a Soviet breakthrough through German lines in an attempt to regain territory.
* Red & Blue Flight Groups 1 & 2 operate in East Prussia, Northwest of Koenisberg (Lower Left corner of map)
* Red & Blue Flight Groups 3 & 4 operate in Latvia, covering the Baltic up to the Gulf of Riga (Upper and upper right of the map.) For this map, you may encounter the new Soviet armoured train.

When using the Kurland templates to build missions, refer to the data below:

VVS Forces in Latvia & Lithuania (22-30 Jun '41)
==================================================
* Baltic Special Military district/Northwest Front
* Major Units in area
+ 6, 7, 8 SAD (Composite aviation division)
* Other Major Flight Units that operated in the area:
+ 2, 4, 12, 57 SAD
* Main Aircraft Types used in Area:
+ All listed from most to least in numbers
+ Bomber: SB, DB3A, DB3F
+ Ground Attack: I153
+ Fighter: I153, I16, MiG3, Yak1
* Possibly other prevalent eary types such as the Li-2, R-10, U-2V, intermediate DB3s, and even TB-3s were present as well. I could not find record of IL-2s or Pe-2s operating in the area, although the Su-2 may also have been present.

Luftwaffe Forces Attacking Baltic (22-30 Jun '41)
=================================================
* Main forces from Luftflotte 1
* Luftflotte 2 covered SE Lithuania
* Luftflotte 1 Main Units (Gruppes/Aircraft)
+ JG54 (S/I/II/III) - Bf109
+ KG1 (II/III) - Ju88
+ KG76 (I/II/III) - Ju88
+ KG77 (S/I/II/III) - Ju88
+ Other Aircraft in Luftflotte1: Bf110 (Recce), Fw189, Ju-52, Fi-156
+ Other A/C in theater but not in Sim: Hs126, Do17 (Recce), He60, He114, Ar95

* Luftflotte 2 Main Units (Gruppes/Aircraft)
+ JG27 (S/II/III) - Bf109
+ JG51 (S/I/II/III/IV) - Bf109
+ JG53 (S/I/II/III) - Bf109
+ LG2 (II - Ground Attack) - Bf109/Hs123 (not in FB)
+ ZG26 (S/I/II) - Bf110
+ KG2 (S/I/III) - Do17 (not in FB)
+ KG3 (S/I/II/III) - Ju88/Do17(not in FB)
+ KG4 (II) - He111
+ KG53 (S/I/II/III) - He111
+ SKG210 (S/I/II) - Bf110
+ StG1 (S/II/III) - Ju87/Bf110
+ StG2 (S/I/III) - Ju87/Bf110
+ StG77 (S/I/II/III) - Ju87/Bf110
+ Other Aircraft in Luftflotte2: Bf110 (Recce), Fw189, Ju-52, Fi-156, Ju88 (Recce)
+ Other A/C in theater but not in Sim: Hs126, Do17 (Recce), He60, He114, Ar95

Installation
================================
NEWS: There is a new UQMG Support Forum at AirWarfare.com. If you have any questions, feedback, problems, please post a message at:
* http://www.airwarfare.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=25

WARNING: This UPGRADE is ONLY COMPATIBLE with UQMG for IL-2 FB+AEP+PF (versions 5.x.x and higher). It will not work with previous non-PF UQMG versions (versions 4.x.x and lower).

This upgrade is to be installed over any version of UQMG for FB+AEP+PF combo install (Not compatible with previous Non-PF UQMG versions). All subsequent upgrades will only be applicable to UQMG for FB+AEP+PF. Only one upgrade version will be available at a time to eliminate confusion, and ALL upgrades can be installed over any version of UQMG for FB+AEP+PF.

To install upgrade to UQMG for FB+AEP+PF:
* Download upgrade WinZIP file from http://www.uberdemon.com/downloadpage.html
* UnZIP it in the UQMG for FB+AEP+PF installation directory, which is generally "c:\program files\uberquickpf"
* Right Click on the zip file and then go to the Winzip options, then select "Extract Here".
* Overwrite files if it prompts you to.
* Start UQMG from the Start Windows menu.
* Whether you are familiar with UQMG or new to it, I recommend you to click the "Tutorial" yellow button to start enjoying the features of UQMG right away. It is easy to read, and you will have lots of fun with it building missions that are very playable.

Best Regards
Demon/UberDemon
uberdemon at uberdemon dot com
http://www.uberdemon.com

Pictures Below

Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
uberdemon at uberdemon.com
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby Tachyon on Fri May 12, 2006 10:57 am

Thank you very much for the quick upgrade, Demon. I only used a small part of this gem you created, but enough to know that it would take me for ever to create those lively and dynamic looking environments in the FMB! I like those ideas like the burned wrecks on the captured airfields and the lights on the trucks. Don't know how you get the program to do that but it is hugely impressive!

Cheers.
Tachyon
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby UberDemon on Sat May 13, 2006 4:37 am

Thank you.

It just takes some creativity and lots of time. The Kurland Online maps are very complex... there are some cool things there. For example, take off from the Flight 1 base in the red side and fly over the port facilities. There is quite a bit there if you enable most of the ground options.
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
uberdemon at uberdemon.com
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Return to Uber Quick Mission Generator (UQMG)