Error: impossible create directories

A place for discussion about the UQMG, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: UberDemon

Postby UberDemon on Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:09 am

I seem to get the problem if I try to install from the desktop.

Download the files into a directory that is not the Desktop or desktop folder, like a temporary directory, for example, "C:\temp", or something similar that you may create. The desktop is one of those folders in Windows that have a dual function and are not always the best place to put large files, especially installation ones.

I think this may help you.

Demon/UberDemon
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
http://www.uberdemon.com
uberdemon at uberdemon.com
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby GrayWolf on Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:18 pm

Having prob with 2nd part of instalation keeps saying

C:Doucuments and Setings/Owner/Desctop/uqmg4pfugr0013/ini/currention.ini

was not found or file data was curpoted and file will be termanted.

Running windos XP home aditon.

It says it on evry other one after it to. But diffrne files.

Do I add um manualy?

Trying to run UberQuickFB. 1st one works good though no probles. 5.32 or what ever it is :D Its 5.44 that aint working.
GrayWolf
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Desslok on Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:00 pm

I had to do a reinstall of UQ and now I'm having the same problem with the first run of uqmg4pf000 as well. I checked the dir_il2location file but it looks like its supposed to with the terminal slash already in there:

E:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\

I'm running this on WinXP SP2. I went in and made sure all my old UQ files were physically deleted which the initial uninstall didn't take off the C drive.

One odd thing I've noticed that might be related to this problem is when I insert the PacFighters disk only the Readme an Exit options are selectable with the Start and Uninstall bits in the dark and unuseable. I wonder if I should uninstall the sim (for what seems the hundreth time now)? The sim works fine otherwise on its own.
Desslok
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Desslok on Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:33 pm

Its fixed now...I was about to give up and I noticed one of Ubers above posts and checked the permissions for the PF folder and sure enough...Read Only was checked for some reason. Once I unchecked it and reinstalled UMB it now works flawlessly...I am a complete person again!

Hope things are going well Wilhuff! Thanks again for this amazing program.
Desslok
Air Cadet Level 2

Previous

Return to Uber Quick Mission Generator (UQMG)