Error: impossible create directories

A place for discussion about the UQMG, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: UberDemon

Error: impossible create directories

Postby Graycap on Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:38 pm

Hi Demon,

First of all thank you for your great work.

First time user oh UQMG :)

Installed in Dir F:\UberquickPF. No problem during installation. When I try to launch the program a popup suggest me about a possible problem Unicode related ( I use an Italian winxp pro installation ) or a problem in creating dir in missions subfolder ( I'm administrator of my system) ..

What could it be?

Thank you in advance!

Graycap
Graycap
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby II/JG11_Wolf on Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:41 pm

Same problem here. I am in the U.S.
II/JG11_Wolf
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby UberDemon on Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:45 pm

Greycap,

I am assuming you tried re-starting...

You did click "Unzip" when the Unzip box came up when you first ran UQMG, right? If not, that maybe the problem. Go to the install directory and then go to the "ini" directory... what files are there? (you should have a fb100 directory there if you ran fb100.exe zip executable from UQMG when it was prompted.)

Also, tell me if "dir_il2location.ini" got created. If so, what is the path in that file, and does it match where FB+AEP+PF is? (I've had people re-install FB and somehow the registry info points to the old location, and UQMG trying to find it fails because it tries to use the registry info... you may have to manually put the path there. for example C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\ in that file)

Just to make sure there was not some problem with paths, I uninstalled UQMG from my machine, and re-installed it in D:\UberquickPF but everything worked perfectly... FB+PF is in my C drive.

Demon/UberDemon
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
http://www.uberdemon.com
uberdemon at uberdemon.com
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby II/JG11_Wolf on Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:04 pm

I did every thing you suggested Demon. I still get the UNICode error.
II/JG11_Wolf
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Graycap on Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:28 pm

All checked but still the same problem...

Graycap
Graycap
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby UberDemon on Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:36 pm

Does the real location of FB match the one in the ini file?

Please tell me what files are present in the ini directory.

Does the UQMG GUI come up at all, or you just get the error?

There's gotta be a way to get you guys fixed up.

D/UD
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby II/JG11_Wolf on Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:50 pm

No GUI.
dir_il2location file; originally all that was there was d: so I manually put in the location( D:\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik) .
I donot know if this makes any difference, but I do have MS office XP.
II/JG11_Wolf
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Graycap on Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:57 pm

Hey guys good news!

SOLUTION FOUND 8)

I just had to put a terminal backslash to the path specified in the dir_il2location.ini file

From F:\Il-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles -----> To F:\Il-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\

In this way the path matches completely the path specified in win registry in the FB+AEP+PF key.

That's all!
Hope this helps.

And now I'll start using UQMG in all its glory ! :lol: :lol:

Thank you Demon for your patience!

Graycap
Graycap
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby II/JG11_Wolf on Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:58 pm

Graycap:
That did it. It works!
I feel like a dunce; in that I did not catch that. Thank you.
Uberdemon:
I love your program. I have used it in the past. Top notch.
II/JG11_Wolf
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby UberDemon on Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:28 pm

Thank YOU guys.

And a huge thanks to AirWarfare for providing this space. This is making things so much easier as far as support.

Enjoy UQMG! D/UD
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby UberDemon on Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:31 pm

Graycap wrote:Hey guys good news!

SOLUTION FOUND 8)

I just had to put a terminal backslash to the path specified in the dir_il2location.ini file

From F:\Il-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles -----> To F:\Il-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\

In this way the path matches completely the path specified in win registry in the FB+AEP+PF key.

That's all!
Hope this helps.

And now I'll start using UQMG in all its glory ! :lol: :lol:

Thank you Demon for your patience!

Graycap

Good find... I am disturbed because I specifically programmed it to put the backslash there. Just checked my ini file and it is there... even when I temporarily installed it on my D drive... Hmmm.... I'll investigate further.

D/UD
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby UberDemon on Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:02 pm

OK,

I fixed the code so that in the next release the ini file always has the trailing "\". Most likely the Windows registry value did not have it in the IL2 FB information.

D/UD
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

International Error Creating Directories crash first start

Postby sjcnospam on Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:14 pm

Posted my problem above thread. Tried the backslash solution. Wasn't my problem though. Still didn't work. Checked registry. Location correct. I have never uninstalled IL-2 and have migrated up to each variation Have installed FB+AEP+PF 4.01m. That works great. So I still have the problem. Noted that there is no language key in FB+AEP+PF as there is in earlier programs. Can this be it? Checked your other threads. Fast system WIN XP with 1 Gig RAM. Have MS Office 2003.

Further investigation leads to richtx32.ocx and FM20.dll, and maybe mscomctl.ocx. Take a look at Microsoft Article 838010. Later versions of these files contain security changes that may be affecting your program. I have the very latest versions of each. That article mentions some of the steps Microsoft has taken to tighten up security. Since your program interfaces with FM20.dll, then maybe a security block is kicking out into this particular error message. If this is the problem, and I mean IF, then it either has to be fixed in your program, or you're out of business. Let me know if the problem is elsewhere. I would like to use your program.

Thanks for your efforts. I have used your earlier versions and they were great. Nice work.
sjcnospam
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby UberDemon on Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:28 am

Hmm...

I guess I can try to explain how UQMG is programmed.

UQMG only uses FM20.dll in computers that have it. In other words, if your computer does not have FM20.dll using the free install from MS or Office, then UQMB (Mission Briefer will not work). Since UQMB is not loaded until you start it from UQMG (that is, it is not automatically loaded), then the advanced (if you want to call them that) unicode compatible text controls are not invoked. If you try to use UQMB from UQMG in a PC that does not have that control installed, then UQMG will not launch UQMB, instead, giving you a message that you cannot use it.

I tried in a few computers without it and it seemed to work... now that does not mean it would work the same in every computer.

I am using Office 2003 Prof in the computer I write UQMG at the moment. And just ran UQMG to make sure the language (UQMB) key was working and it was...

Now... some weird freaky things have been happening since I updated Windows with the latest automatic updates from MS... like, UQMG code was not even coming up... now everything is back to normal, but I think it was due to some OCXs and control updates due to security... freaky stuff.

I swear dealing with PCs is like Voodoo magic...

I'll look further into it... but like they say... try turning your computer on and off a few times, kick it a couple of times, load some new MS patches, and see if that solves the problem... (just kidding of course!)

Sorry for the troubles.

D/UD
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

File not found error

Postby zyotich on Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:41 am

I am having the same problem. I have unzipped to my desktop, but when i hit the .exe I get a File Not Found error which has to be ended in task manager. The actual message is: "The File'C:\Documents and Settings\Donald\Desktop\ini' was not found, or file data is corrupt. This application may terminate." I looked in the ini to find the path, but I didn't find a folder marked Dir IL2 etc., I have re downloaded several times, but with same effect. I have been using this awesome software for a couple of years (Thankyou So Much) so I know how to install, and I've never had this problem before. What do you think? Donald
zyotich
Air Cadet Level 1

Next

Return to Uber Quick Mission Generator (UQMG)