Level bombing

A place for discussion about the UQMG, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: UberDemon

Level bombing

Postby tomaz on Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:43 pm

I have been looking for an easier way to create a series of missions around the B25 and high-level bombing (i.e. using the bombsight to bomb from 8-10,000ft).
Will UQMG accomodate this?
I've built a few coop missions but this takes time and anything that could make it easier would be great.
BTW even in my custom coop missions the AI B25s still occasionally want to divebomb and strafe which is frustrating to say the least. We end up with situations where the human pilots have bombed the target from 10,000ft and are well on the way back to base but any AI we have peel off, descend and try to strafe/divebomb for the next 10 minutes which is highly unrealistic.
If the B17 is ever made flyable I certainly hope the AI is tweaked else the same prob will occur.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
tomaz
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby UberDemon on Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:57 pm

There are two modes of bombing on UQMG:

1 - Area Bombing (what you are looking for) (this is also used for paratrooper/cargo drop missions)
2 - Pinpoint Bombing (with a target defined)

With that said, you can create missions at the desired height. However, UQMG is just a mission generator, and it does not control the behavior of the FB/PF flight model engine. If the AI behave a certain way, it is due to the engine.

Give UQMG a try and see if it meets your requirements. It is very important that you go through the tutorial, which is actually very fun and it helps you learn all features of UQMG.

Give it a try... it is free so you do not have anything to lose. If you have troubles, post here and I'll do my best to help you.
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
http://www.uberdemon.com
uberdemon at uberdemon.com
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Return to Uber Quick Mission Generator (UQMG)