UQMG for IL-2 FB+AEP+PF - Requires PF???

A place for discussion about the UQMG, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: UberDemon

UQMG for IL-2 FB+AEP+PF - Requires PF???

Postby swambast on Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:25 pm

Sorry, little confused here...it's been a while. For this version of UQMG for IL-2 FB+AEP+PF 5.0.32 - is it REQUIRED that you have PF also installed? Or will it work with just FB+AEP (making the PF features unavailable)? Like to fire this up again...didn't find anything in the ReadMe files.
P4 2.8 800Mhz on MSI 865-PE Neo 2, WinXP Pro, 1GB Kingmax PC3200, BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB GDDR3 AGP Graphics w/official 66.93 drivers, DirectX9.0c, 36GB 10K RPM WD Raptor HDD and 120GB ATA133 MAXTOR HDD, SB Audigy 2 w/6.1 Surround sound speakers
swambast
Air Cadet Level 1

Re: UQMG for IL-2 FB+AEP+PF - Requires PF???

Postby UberDemon on Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:01 pm

Yes, you can install it. Make sure you install it separately from the old FB only versions of UQMG. In fact the default directory for this install is different from the old versions.

With that said, when you install the new UQMG, you should notice that in the Help menu there is an option called: "FB/AEP-Only User Message"

I have pasted below the text in the message:

NOTES FOR FB+AEP USERS WHO DO NOT HAVE PF

Yes, UQMG is still compatible with FB+AEP only, with some caveats.

As the title for this major upgrade of UQMG indicates (UQMG for FB+AEP+PF), it was developed for the combined install of Pacific Fighters (PF) over an IL-2 Forgotten Battles (FB) with Aces Expansion Pack (AEP) installation. If you own PF, FB and AEP, I urge you to make a combined installation; it is so very worth it. No WW2 combat flight-simulator of this caliber covers this much ground, and the combined installation allows you to build what-if scenarios that were only thought possible, until now.

However, I have not made changes to the existing templates for FB+AEP, so you can use UQMG for FB+AEP+PF with FB+AEP. I have included visual queues ("[pf]") to indicate the planes and maps that are only available to PF. If you use a feature only available in PF, the mission will simply not load in FB+AEP.

Demon/UberDemon
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
http://www.uberdemon.com
uberdemon at uberdemon.com
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Thanks...Great News

Postby swambast on Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:24 pm

Uber, thanks for the detailed reply and notes, that is most helpful. But more than anything, thanks for your tool - I can't wait to get back into using this gem! :D
P4 2.8 800Mhz on MSI 865-PE Neo 2, WinXP Pro, 1GB Kingmax PC3200, BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB GDDR3 AGP Graphics w/official 66.93 drivers, DirectX9.0c, 36GB 10K RPM WD Raptor HDD and 120GB ATA133 MAXTOR HDD, SB Audigy 2 w/6.1 Surround sound speakers
swambast
Air Cadet Level 1

Return to Uber Quick Mission Generator (UQMG)