landing gear problem

A place for discussion about the UQMG, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: UberDemon

landing gear problem

Postby Ranger6 on Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:41 am

First, let me say WOW! What a great job! I just made a $25 PayPal contribution to the cause.
Here is my problem: The G key for landing gear works fine in some missions I generate. In others it does not. (especially Wake Island)
I have not found any particular pattern. (In all cases I have appropirate toggles set in the Difficulty menu.) The other keys, including Flaps, work.
What am I doing wrong.
Thanks!
Ranger6
Ranger6
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby JeanGuy on Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:55 am

Some of the aircraft you are flying in the Pacific campaign did not have hydraulics to operate the landing gear up and down. The aircrew had to manually crank them up or down. Go back to the aircraft where "G" command did not work and issue the raise/lower gear manually command "???" that you have assigned to your in game controls. If non were assigned you will need to assigned two commands yourself. I used the following:
Lower gear manually = V (repeatedly)
Raise gear manually = B (repeatedly)

Repeatedly is not part of the written in controls command, it means that you will have to issue the command V or B, if you select these, 12 to 15 times until you get the gear up or down indication you are looking for. Watch the inside right side of your cockpit while issuing these commands and you should see a cranking lever actually rotating. You will also hear a winding sound.

Some joysticks (X-52) or programs such as Voice Activated Commands will let you select how many time you want these commands AUTO REPEATED so that you do not have to give the command that many times yourself.

Also remember that there are other aircraft out there with fix landing gear as well as the one designed for one mission only where the gear either fell off or where jettison after take-off.

Good luck,
Jean-Guy
Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII:
When a prang seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible.
JeanGuy
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Ranger6 on Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:32 pm

Some of the aircraft you are flying in the Pacific campaign did not have hydraulics to operate the landing gear up and down. The aircrew had to manually crank them up or down.

Yep! That's it. I assume Wildcats had manual crank landing gear.
Thanks,
Ranger6, out.
Ranger6
Air Cadet Level 1

Return to Uber Quick Mission Generator (UQMG)