Standalone PF?

A place for discussion about the UQMG, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: UberDemon

Standalone PF?

Postby Swissy on Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:46 am

Is there a place to disable all the planes not in PF? I run only a stadalone install of PF and would like to be able to only show the default planes in PF. Otherwise I have to wade thru loads of planes I cannot use, and not all are labeled as being PF planes... many times i accidentaly add a IL2 plane and cannot fly a mission due to this fact. I looked thru the help files and didn't see anything mentioned on this... is it possible?

if not, maybe in a future update? This program is a godsend for my little band of flyers, as we love the quick, in-your face co-op missions we can create... but I get groans when we cannot load a mission becuase of a bad plane selection...

thanks! Great program either way...
Swissy
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby UberDemon on Fri May 27, 2005 3:33 am

Swissy,

Unfortunately I do not have that feature... I pondered about this before I created the PF Combined install version of UQMG. For me to add this feature would be extremely hard for me to do. The coding would be overwhelming, and that would require a rewrite of all templates.

UQMG was really meant to be used for the Combo install.

There is something you can do. If you go through my tutorial, you will be able to go through the creation of Rule Sets. There is a way that you could create a rule set with all planes, and then simply use Notepad to remove all the planes that are not present in PF. UQMG tutorial guides you through this process and even starts Notepad and the correct rule set file so you can edit it. UQMG explains what you need to do.

I don't want to explain how do this here because the tutorial explains it.

Hope this helps.

D/UD
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
http://www.uberdemon.com
uberdemon at uberdemon.com
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby Swissy on Fri May 27, 2005 8:05 pm

Thanks! I'll give that a try. I'm getting better at only selecting stand alone planes, but this might be just the ticket for us.

Thanks!
Swissy
Air Cadet Level 1

Return to Uber Quick Mission Generator (UQMG)