Small request...

A place for discussion about the UQMG, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: UberDemon

Small request...

Postby WhiskeyBravo on Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:55 pm

Hello UberDemon,

I've just installed your UQMG and I'm working my way through your excellent tutorial package to get to know your program. One problem I have though, is that the tutorial runs in IE whereas I use Firefox. I can type the URL to my local HDD copy of the tutorial to use it in Firefox but none of the jpgs show up. I was wondering if you could make a small (I presume its a relatively easy thing to do) change to your program so that it uses the users preferred browser.

Not a big deal I know, more of an icing on the cake type request.

Regards,

WB.
WhiskeyBravo
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby UberDemon on Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:44 am

Try this:

Assuming the default path for UQMG installation, go to the directory/folder named:

c:\Program Files\UberQuickPF\ini\fb100\main\tutorial

Now open the "helpapp.ini" file. Substitute the first line of text which says "explorer.exe" with whatever the path and name of the firefox executable is... try that. That would take care of making Firefox your browser, I think, but I don't guarantee it as I do not use it.

Problem is that I don't think that will make the jpgs appear... wonder why. Firefox should be compatible with the simple html that comes out of Word and Frontpage Express (the old freebie version no longer available).

For the next update, I'll try running it in my wife's machine, as she has Firefox. I can try to make it compatible with that... but no promises, I am not a genius.

Best Regards,
D/UD
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:06 am

I tested the latest version of UQMG in Firefox and the jpgs showed up fine.
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby WhiskeyBravo on Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:57 am

Your method did the trick Demon. Many thanks.

And just to re-iterate, I think the tutorial is one of the best I've seen for this type of program. I tried a version of UQMG a long time ago but I was put off by the apparently complex nature of the program. The tutorial has made me a huge fan of the software now and I really appreciate your efforts. There are so many nice little touches that users probably don't realise until they get into the program. Your attention to detail is a real credit.

Thanks again,

WB.
WhiskeyBravo
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby UberDemon on Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:29 am

EURO_Snoopy,

Thanks for testing it with Firefox, and one more time, thank you so much for creating this board for UQMG.

WB,

Thank you for your compliments. I am glad it is working for you now. I made the browser a function of a initialization file because I thought maybe some people would prefer to use something besider Windows/Internet Explorer, and I guess it works. :)

Doing the tutorial was just somethig I had to do. I thought it would have made it a lot easier on the users than a typical help file. It is not a great HTML file but the purpose is really for instruction. So far most people have liked it.

Thank you for using UQMG.

D/UD
Best Regards,
Demon/UberDemon
http://www.uberdemon.com
uberdemon at uberdemon.com
UberDemon
Utilities Developer

Return to Uber Quick Mission Generator (UQMG)