Best WWII FPS and Tactical Games

I've heard a rumour that some people like to play other games, games that don't involve flying! If you are such a person and would like to confess, please use this forum.

Best WWII FPS and Tactical Games

Postby Injun on Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:09 pm

Fellas,
This is my opinion only:
I have three FPS:
Call of Duty, Call of Duty United Offensive and Medal of Honor: Pacific Assualt, I had MH Warchest and gave it away too much like an arcade game to me. Of the three Mentioned the most realistic has got to be MHPA. It's realistic setting a plain killer, not yet mastered. It got a bad undiserved rep from the MH players.

I have three tactical,
Steel Panthers World at War, Combat Missions: Barbarossa to Berlin and Afrika Corps. SPAW for thier PTO scenarios and Campaign play, Fore serious tactical at Battalion and Company level, Combat Missions. I wish they had a PTO add-on.

For grand stratedgy War in the Pacific and War in Russia.

Simulations, The old Dynimax Aces collection, Silent Service 2, Silent Hunter commamd edition and Silent Hunter II, and PAW1942.

RTS I ahve are Total War serries of Shogun, Medeivel and Rome.

Right now these are shelved. Time now spent in FB+AEW+PF Simulation.
These may be shelved for years! :lol: This one is worth playing on line. Too many cheaters in COD and MHPA.
~S~
Injun
aka MudMarine3
Semper Fi
USMCService19 72-1985 AirWing, USMCR19 85-1989
Injun
Corporal

Postby mike on Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:49 pm

FPS-Hidden & Dangerous 1,2 + Addons , Brothers In Arms + Addon

RTS - AOE series & Fighting Steel

:wink:
Letka_13/Lavo on HL
mike
Warrant Officer

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:09 pm

Injun, I'll agree wholeheartedly with that last comment about shelving other games. It wasn't a WWII fps but I had many hours in the strategy games "Medieval: Total War" and still think about getting it back out from time to time.
Then I think I'll fly this new single mission first and get right back into Il2. I'm hooked.

With the FPS games I could never master all of the key commands and still move quick enough to keep my head on my shoulders. I looked at some of the keypads and keyboards dedicated for FPS game but since I sucked huge wind when I played I thought it would just be throwing good money after bad.
MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby Injun on Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:34 pm

mike and MudPuppy,

Let me answer you both obne at a time.
Mike,
FPS-Hidden & Dangerous 1,2 + Addons , Brothers In Arms + Addon

RTS - AOE series & Fighting Steel

Never played the RTSs mentioned nor H&D. I have BIA Hill 30. I have not yet played it yet. I was busy with MHPAA. I went hru this FPS Pacific Assualt on normal and it was a challenge. Just mention anything with USMC in it ya rasie my interest. I have pplayed thru COD but only partly played thru CODUO. LOve the Russian missions.

MudPuppy,
It wasn't a WWII fps but I had many hours in the strategy games "Medieval: Total War" and still think about getting it back out from time to time.
I have the entire series: Same thoughts about Shogun, Medieval Barbarain Invasion, I Lent out my Total War Rome.
I will let them gather dust for now.
With the FPS games I could never master all of the key commands and still move quick enough to keep my head on my shoulders. I looked at some of the keypads and keyboards dedicated for FPS game but since I sucked huge wind when I played I thought it would just be throwing good money after bad.

Yes those key commands can be daughting. If I go back to FPS, Like to try my Belkin Nostromo N52 speedpad. It was designed for FPS. I use now for aux controls in IL2 Merge. As for the commands they just need practice and time. My two favorite weapons where sniper rifle and SMG. I like to touch the enemy at a distance and for up close work a good SMG. Grenades are good in MHPA because ya can cook them off.
~S~
Injun
aka MudMarine3
Semper Fi
USMCService19 72-1985 AirWing, USMCR19 85-1989
Injun
Corporal

Return to The Other Games We Play