Medieval II: Total War

I've heard a rumour that some people like to play other games, games that don't involve flying! If you are such a person and would like to confess, please use this forum.

Medieval II: Total War

Postby MudPuppy on Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:18 pm

This is far removed from IL2 and other flight sims but it's a hoot to try and build an empire. I am currently trying to consolidate and fortify a great kingdom under my Danish flag before the Mongol horde starts invading from the east. If only those peasnats would work harder! :smt079
Rather than a review of the game, there are plenty of those out there, this is just a quick FYI:
They have just posted the first patch/fix for Medieval II: Total War. This may be accessed via:
http://www.totalwar.com

MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:46 pm

Thanks MudPuppy - So is it anything like Rome Total War?
Just read about the CAS exporter thingy - interesting... If I get it right you can build your own objects and animations and import them into totalwar...

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby MudPuppy on Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:45 pm

I s'pose it is. I had only played the earlier release, Medieval: Total War, and there are significant changes from that. First off it is very demanding on your PC! I have most of the settings down a bit or else my battles look like a slide show.
I saw the CAS exporter (name?) as well but I doubt if I'd ever get around to building or animating anything to drop in MII:TW.
I have had the plans and raw lumber for a small trebuchet that I've been planning to build for 3 months now and haven't gotten much past that. My plans were to have this ready for the winter so i could launch some frozen water balloons at these pesky beavers that climb out of the river when it gets pretty cold and dine on my poor birch trees. :smt093

MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:57 pm

LOL Ya need to sedate ém first - a wireframe around the tree on high voltage should light 'm up nice ;)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to The Other Games We Play