Imperial Glory

I've heard a rumour that some people like to play other games, games that don't involve flying! If you are such a person and would like to confess, please use this forum.

Imperial Glory

Postby ytareh on Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:02 am

This game is brilliant.As a dedicated flight simmer one year into his addiction I played a demo of this from a magazine disc.(bought full game day after!)It has got me interested in strategy games whereas no other Realtime Tactics and Strategy up to then could prise me away from IL2/FB/PF(little bits of Wings of War(online), CFS2/3,Crimson Skies(ultimate in fun immersion if a little primitive!)Silent Hunter 2(3 was way too hard for me)
Its set in the Napoleonic era and while its basically like all the other RTS games in that there is all that nonsense(sorry dedicated strat fans!)with building cottages/harvesting crops/collecting gold the simple straightforward battle scenarios are BRILLIANT!The graphics are excellent(by RTS standards...!).I got a small amount of enjoyment from Rome Total War but this is THE only RTS that really does it for me.And Im naturally far more interested in WW2 era.I can NOT find a WW2 RTS to compare with Imperial Glory .Anyone got any RTS suggestions that I might enjoy esp in WW1/2 era.Alas Ive tried DDay,Frontline Command,Codename Panzers,Blitzkrieg,Stalingrad,Combat Mission Anthology (I HATE the whole turn based thing) and no comparison.Entente WW1 RTS was ridiculous,Cold War Conflicts likewise.Commandoes not for me (dont like small squad RTS either!)History Channel Battle of Bull Run too primitive.....Are there any other RTS games to rival my beloved IG for sheer battle field fun ?! Really interested to hear....
ytareh
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to The Other Games We Play