Why have they done this?

I've heard a rumour that some people like to play other games, games that don't involve flying! If you are such a person and would like to confess, please use this forum.

Why have they done this?

Postby NIGHTFIGHTER on Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:00 am

Crap i feel ive been done!!!! apart from blowing things out of the sky, i loved Call of Duty, ive got One and two and they are fantastic, but now they have volume 3 out and yes it's in XP format...Why for gods sake? it was a series that worked great on 98, also Silent Hunter 3 and Starship Troopers same thing, what is it with these people "o.k weve got a tried and tested sim here let's bugger it up !" please i say to the gods of il-2 and Pacific fighters dont mess with the running system the answer is simple, if it works leave it. look to the market and learn the games mentioned above cant be moved off the shelf.
by night i work!
NIGHTFIGHTER
Lance Air Corporal

Postby WWSensei on Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:18 am

98 is nearly 8 years old. It' costs more to write for 98 than it does XP and the numbers of 98 still running are fewer and fewer. Don't blame the software companies because you are nearly a decade out of date...
WWSensei
Flight Sergeant

Postby NIGHTFIGHTER on Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:51 am

Oh i get it , every time someone comes out with a new game, ive got to upgrade my computer. I must ask the good tax payers to give the poor civil service a pay rise after all they are sacking 60,000 of us.
by night i work!
NIGHTFIGHTER
Lance Air Corporal

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:06 am

:smt102 please don't shoot the messenger, it would be a good idea to upgrade to windows XP, it is far more secure and stable than 98 which is not even supported by Microsoft anymore.
Upgrading your system at least once a decade is an unfortunate necessity with computers.

Btw please give me a link to the recommended specs for Call Of Duty 3 it would be interesting to read them!
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby NIGHTFIGHTER on Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:43 am

Sorry Snoop, i know i should upgrade but i tried it once and got told that i had to download new graphic drivers, sound drivers and a list as long as your arm of other things, and since ive only just got my computer back from a disaster of a download which wiped my hard drive clean and burnt it out. but i will try again. As for your call of duty problems, go and try "COD files" :lol: it's a site like this that is full of great folks willing to help. :D
by night i work!
NIGHTFIGHTER
Lance Air Corporal

Postby NIGHTFIGHTER on Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:55 am

Sorry to you to Sensei, you are right of course and i was out of order, my computer is outdated and sometimes it is amazing how the g-force 4 graphics card handels the games i have on it........ill take your advice and give it another try thanks.
by night i work!
NIGHTFIGHTER
Lance Air Corporal

Postby NIGHTFIGHTER on Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:41 pm

Well guys i took your advice saved up the pennies and got XP, a new graphics card(ATI) and sound card and yes my computer now kicks ass, all the games mentioned and my flight sims are now awsome......many thanks to the guys for the advice.
by night i work!
NIGHTFIGHTER
Lance Air Corporal

Return to The Other Games We Play