Injun rigging thread for X52 , controls and other

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Injun rigging thread for X52 , controls and other

Postby Injun on Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:20 pm

~S~
To All,
Well, my Rigger is rigging my X52 and haven problems with POV. I am running FB view plus. The controls for my zoom views do not work.
Any one running FB View Plus? I need some rigging tips for my rigger. :lol: namely me.

Also who is running FB view Plus and NewView. Whic is better and easier ti rig?
~S~
Injun
aka MudMarine3
Semper Fi
USMCService19 72-1985 AirWing, USMCR19 85-1989
Injun
Corporal

Primary Controller X52 secondary n52 speed pad problem

Postby Injun on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:24 pm

~S~
For you riggers out thier that are running dual control set ups. I pulled out my Nostromo by Belkin n52. Bought it for FPS such as COD. I can program this device as a direct in put device which gives me 24 bottons to assign control functions such as toggle switches.
Great idea I thought! :lol: The problem is that the speed pad supercedes my X52 controller. The X52 shows up as ID2. I looked in the control panel/Printer and other hardware/game controllers/Installed controllers. The n52 speed pad2 is first on the list and theSaitek X52 is second.

My question for you XP window riggers is how do I make XP see the X52 as the primary first controller and the N52 speed pad2 as the second/secondary controller?

With the set up with my X52 as the secondary I have to re-assign POVs to my first hat? Has anyone done this?
~S~
Injun
aka MudMarine3
Semper Fi
Injun
Corporal

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:23 am

EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

joystick guide

Postby Injun on Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:48 am

~S~
EURO_Snoopy,
First thing I checked, no help. I also checked speed pads, no help.
~S~
Injun
aka MudMarine3
Semper Fi
Injun
Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:24 am

Did you try just switching the USB connectors Injun?
If that doesn't work... Control Panel - Game Controllers - click Advanced and set the "preferred device" to the X52 ;)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

switching the USB and Control Panel

Postby Injun on Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:24 pm

~S~
MaXMhZ,
Did you try just switching the USB connectors Injun?
If that doesn't work... Control Panel - Game Controllers - click Advanced and set the "preferred device" to the X52

Tried both, no help. Guess I have to leave my X52 as ID2 and rerig the POV. Pain in the Ol'e Tailpipe! :lol:
~S~
Injun
aka MudMarine3
Semper Fi
Injun
Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:32 am

Did you perhaps install the Nostromo before the X52?
If so try uninstalling both, reboot
then install the X52 (should then be the only device, so ID1) reboot
after the X52 is recognised as ID1,test X52 in game under "Hardware Setup" If it's recognized,install the Nostromo (would become ID2 now ) reboot again...
That should work.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

x52 installed first and n52 much later

Postby Injun on Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:30 pm

~S~
MaXMhZ,
The x52 installed first, I had the n52 uninstalled with drivers removed. What you suggest well not work. I have to accept that my x52 will show up as ID2. Using two utilities, Il2-Sticks and FB View Plus. I finally figured out how to identify the ID2 in FB View Plus, works good for POVs, and that IL2-Stick good for rigging controls. One bad thing about FB View Plus is when you use a controll that the left shoft and left alt is used, if extended instruments is checked, a small window at the bottom of cockpit window shows instruments as digital output, also adding stistics. I do not mind it, But I have to learn to live with out it for realistic settings. Need to use zoom modes to read instruments. Eye sight bad.

I got both working just have to fine tone X52 Using n52 for sight/bombsight mode and lights and Map. I will use another mode to set fuel mixture.
Thinking about using T/Toggle swithch on x 52 stick, thus freeing up Y and Y wheels on the throttle. I will use 1 thru 6 for trim, T1 & T2 for elevator trim, T3 and T4 for aileron trim and T5 and T6 for rudder trim. The nuetral will use the pinkie switch + T1, T3, T5. What I need to know after toggling switch how much effect will it have? I quess that deepends on aircraft type.

Once I have the final rig set up I will let you know.
~S~
Injun
aka MudMarine3
Semper Fi
Injun
Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:43 pm

Here's what microsoft says about changing USB ID's:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodte ... mspx#EC2AE

worth a try...
Also the Saitek tech forum is very fast and good in resolving issues
here's the X52 forum :
http://www.saitekforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

They helped me today within a couple of hours to solve a rudder issue I had for a couple of weeks I even bought a new evo because I thought it was bust.

A dive in the registry solved the whole problem.
A question of seconds realy lol
If you know where to go you're half way there...

Hope it helps,
S! MaX
Last edited by MaXMhZ on Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Have XP Home edition

Postby Injun on Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:53 pm

~S~
MaXMhZ,
Sorry I do not Have XP Pro. Thanks anyway.
~S~
Injun
aka MudMarine3
Semper Fi
Injun
Corporal

Saitek forum

Postby Injun on Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:04 pm

MaXMhZ,
I have been there and found help for when profiles would not show. Great instructions easy to use. I will check it out about ID1 and ID2 problem. Never thought of that :oops:
~S~
Injun
aka MudMarine3
Semper Fi
Injun
Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:11 pm

Saitek's a great company :D

Next time I have a problem with my sticks I'll run there a lot sooner ;)

To find out how much trim influences flight get your plane into level flight and turn wingtipsmoke on (T). Look on external view F2 from the front of the plane. there is a delay between applying trim and when it works... It's not instant. influence depends on a number of factors like plane type, speed, altitude.
I'm using the rotaries on my throttle for trim (I don't use rudder trim, I find it easy enough with the twist handle of my saitek. Most of the time it's centered anyway to not loose speed. You will loose a lot of speed when "sideslipping" - it's a good way to approach on landing :)

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Use of T toggle swithes vs rotory

Postby Injun on Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:00 pm

MaXMhZ,

I have thought of using T toggle switches for trim switches,
Aileron, elevator and rudder and a pinkie swith command to set nuetral. I dislike delay effects with rotory. A toggle comand I can see what each toggle input command does. Say triming elevator up, toggle once and see what happens, toggle again to see the effect. Find out max range up and down. Then I can make a note of it.

Say how many toggles to make 90 degree roll? How many toggles to get nose up 45 degree up angle. This I can translate to rotories and hash mark the rotories. Hash mark the trhottle stick near rotors for a reference point. Any center hash mark should be a nuetral for those controls. Then it is a matter of dialing in a setting. Later reassign toggles.

I will use the mouse wheel on the n52 as rudder trim. I might suggest getting one, Nostromo n52 speedpad2. I hate using keyboard commands.
I like some of my controls labled using white file folder stick ons.
~S~
Injun
aka MudMarine3
Semper Fi
Injun
Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:14 am

trim controls move the control surfaces of the plane a little bit. You can't say e.g. 45 presses will put the nose up 45 degrees. it will move the elevator controls to a specific location. how much the nose rises or falls is a question of plane type, how long you keep them there, and how fast you fly and at what altitude. You can see what happens on F2 external view when adjusting the trims and looking at the control surfaces. The delay was introduced with FB after players complained that trimming was cheating in IL-2 Sturmovik. In sturmovik trimming had much more effect and was instant. It was possible to fly a plane on trim only and increased turn rate etc considerable when used together with stick movement.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Trimming

Postby Injun on Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:44 am

I know each aircraft has different trim characteristics. A person would have to test fly and assertain those settings I used 45 degrees as an example. trim may effect a slit change of a degree or two at each click or toggle use. What I want to do is write those values down for reference and later use them in a manual I am creating. I call it STOPS. Simulator
Traing,Operational Proccedures and standards. After the US Navy and Marine Corps Manual NATOPS. Had technecical Data, procedures and check lists by type aircraft. A pilots and aircrew standard SOP.

Say on take off to counter Torque you would add so many clicks opposite rudder to counter it, once rolling to take off speed nuetralize rudder. This is just an example.

Here is what I used In US Naval aviation as aircrew on helos
NATOPS
http://members.tripod.com/~Motomom/113NATOPSC
~S~
Injun
aka MudMarine3
Semper Fi
Injun
Corporal

Next

Return to Help Forum