Game Loads Very Slow

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Game Loads Very Slow

Postby JG26_BlueMorta on Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:41 pm

FB AEP PF launching from Hyper Lobby game loads verrrry slow Hangs on 20% and 70% just started happening three days ago Clueless The game will hang over 3min on 20% and 1.45 min on 70% I have checked all the more obvious spots i.e. video sound and dxdiag and have found nothing that would jump out at you. :x :x :x
JG26_BlueMorta
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:07 am

Did you recently change anything to your internet connection like a new firewall/protection software? Any other programs running in the background (could be on another computer on your local network too)

long loading times can be caused by online games with too many objects too...
Or It could be a connection problem. The times you mention seem too big to be caused by the game itself to me. Try a tracert to hyperlobby and see if there are any big delays between your computer and hyperlobby's server or the game host Give http://www.auditmypc.com or another online bandwidthmetera visit and measure your bandwidth.
Hope this helps.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Re: Game Loads Very Slow

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:47 am

JG26_BlueMorta wrote:FB AEP PF launching from Hyper Lobby game loads verrrry slow Hangs on 20% and 70% just started happening three days ago Clueless The game will hang over 3min on 20% and 1.45 min on 70% I have checked all the more obvious spots i.e. video sound and dxdiag and have found nothing that would jump out at you. :x :x :x

Max is on the right track. I had identical slow loading problems when I had Mcafee anti virus installed. Disabling 'Virus scan' helped.
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:22 pm

mcAfee would do it allright. It's got a very good virus scanner, only 8 updates per day is a bit too much for my taste. If it's part of mcAfee Security suite you get the added "bonus"of a realy HUGE resource hog... I got an 80 euro beercoaster now :( I'm running ZoneAlarm security suite now (29 euro) besides NetPeeker Firewall(NOT recommended - no support) / IP blocker/network throttle/monitor and Protowall IP Spyware/Adware blocker and my system performs much better :) Protowall is free from http://www.bluetack.co.uk. In combination with Blocklist Manager from them you have a great Adware/Spyware blocker It's got a very small footprint but is a bit hard to install

If you're looking for a security suite I'd recommend ZoneAlarm. They have a 15 day free trial for download at their site so you can check it out first :) You won't be disappointed.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Game Loads Very Slow

Postby JG26_BlueMorta on Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:41 am

:D :P :wink:

Thanks Gents I looked at all of your suggestions. I did have a part of my Virus Scan enabled, turned that off but still had the same problem. On a bit of a lark I went to the msconfig, had all the start up items disabled,process's were ok, then i checked the services tab and found a lot of "stuff" other than Microsoft. I cleared all but the MS services and Yikes its perfect,loads faster that ever. Thanks for your imput ~S

JG26_BlueMorta
JG26_BlueMorta
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:47 am

If you had a lot of stuff under services deleted, better do a spyware/virusscan too - better safe than sorry ;)

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to Help Forum