mouse locks up; a little nusance

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

mouse locks up; a little nusance

Postby Quasar on Thu May 04, 2006 7:20 pm

Hello,
sometimes when playing, I look around when in the F2 view mode so I can look at the beautifully rendered airplanes, and my mouse locks up when I move it too fast. This has also happened when I was in Quick Mission Builder and not in the actual flying sim itself.
I have a newer graphics card, Geforce 6800 series, and there shouldnt be a problem, but sometimes there is a lock up, in which case I have to completly turn off the computer. If I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, my mouse is still locked up?
If I play and move the mouse quite slowly, there isnt any problem. I havent experienced this in the "cockpit only" difficulty setting.
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and what you did to fix this.
thanks
Quasar
Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu May 11, 2006 7:16 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

Mouse problems can be caused by several things.
IL-2 series sometimes looses mouse focus, meaning all mouse commands are sent to Windows and don't reach the game engine anymore.
Solution: hit the Windows key (between Ctrl and Alt) which will bring up the desktop; then click on IL-2 on the Taskbar to give focus to the game, the IL-2 mouse should be back now.
It can also be your conf.ini is corrupt. The mouse sensitivity settings are under header [HookView Config] - see my annotated conf.ini file (about in the middle of it) :
http://members.home.nl/maxmhz/conf.ini.txt
Last, if you have problems with other programs running too (freezes, lockups e.g.) the following might apply:
I've had mouse problems too a while back, but not with FB.After a lot of testing it turned out the newest nVidea graphics drivers were to blame (80.something version). I reverted back to v77.77 and haven't had problems since. If I hear ctrl-alt-del doesn't get the mouse out, it's probably the nVidea Forceware drivers.

Hope this helps S!

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Quasar on Mon May 15, 2006 6:12 pm

Thanks,
I dont have this problem with other programs. It hasn't locked up in a while, either.
When I did press ctrl+alt+del the mouse was still locked up.
It inst a problem as much. just a nuisance.
I actually thought it was a virus at first, but I've never heard of a virus in which the mouse locks up.
Quasar
Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon May 15, 2006 6:35 pm

Quasar wrote:Thanks,
I dont have this problem with other programs. It hasn't locked up in a while, either.
When I did press ctrl+alt+del the mouse was still locked up.
It inst a problem as much. just a nuisance.
I actually thought it was a virus at first, but I've never heard of a virus in which the mouse locks up.

I've had something like that. A hacker got access to my system through a Trojan and switched on and off the USB ports (I had a wacom tablet with mouse at the time on USB, so I lost the mouse too when he did. Oh well it was nice of him to let me know he was there - so I blocked him off quite quick :)

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Quasar on Tue May 16, 2006 5:59 pm

yikes, I hope someone hasnt hacked my compooter. There isnt anything on there thats private. Only flight sims, subsims, and 1stperson ww2 shooters. :)
He can see what games I play I guess. nah, seriously, thanks for the support, I havent had the problem in a while. I did notice this once, I was playing and the F2 view locked up and I gave it a few moments, without touching the mouse, and it started working again. maybe my computer had a brain hiccup. :)
thanks again.
Quasar
Corporal

Postby Quasar on Tue May 16, 2006 6:03 pm

PS. the new s-shots for maddox:battle of britain look AWESOME!
and .... YUT! Lance Air Corporal rank!
efft aight efft aight column aight MARCH!(pivot and step)
hehe sorry, Im taking benadryl and I'm loopy today. :)
Quasar
Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue May 16, 2006 6:35 pm

Quasar wrote:PS. the new s-shots for maddox:battle of britain look AWESOME!
and .... YUT! Lance Air Corporal rank!
efft aight efft aight column aight MARCH!(pivot and step)
hehe sorry, Im taking benadryl and I'm loopy today. :)

haha No problemo - sounds better than when my blood sugar goes hi, believe me ;) and those screemies from BoB are quite potent uppers by themselves :D

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to Help Forum