IL2FB PATCH SEQUENCE - DOESN'T WORK

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

IL2FB PATCH SEQUENCE - DOESN'T WORK

Postby OhCanada on Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:27 pm

I installed IL-2 FB then installed the AEP, followed by 2.01 then 2.04 as instructed in your "GUIDE" (all as stand alone). After I started the game nothing worked outside of configuring the Hardware. I could not launch any Quick Missions nor could I launch any Campaigns. The maps/missions would not load and the PC froze up. Is there something I am missing?, are you sure about the sequences? :?: I uninstalled the game, then reinstalled IL-2 FB followed by the patches (2.01 then 2.04), then installed AEP and everyhthing seems to be OK, however at the main screen it reads loading v2.0. Somebody out there, anybody anywhere have any suggestions or help :?:

(Also, any one got any idea where I can get instructions on how to use the paintvictories and il2stab. I know there is a help text for paintvictories but the htmls will not open, and I can't find nothing for IL2stab)

Thanks for all you help
OhCanada
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:26 am

The sequence in the Installation and Patching guide is correct.

Make sure you identify the correct game - IL-2 Sturmovik is a 1 CD game.

Forgotten Battles comes in different flavors; If you bought the Gold edition make sure you install all cd's (3 I believe). The normal edition is 2 CD's om top of which Ace Expansion Pack can be installed. (also 2 CD)

Install FB (2CD)- run game (V1.0)

Install AEP (2CD - EDIT: 1CD)- run game (V2.0)
Install Patch 2.01 - run game (V2.01)
Install Patch 2.04 - run (V2.04)
You just completed your first patching course. congratulations and welcome to a realy great game/flightsim that will give you years of joy - within a couple of weeks you'll be hopelessly addicted though ;)

run il2setup
Have fun playing...

The Gold pack (3CD) will bring you to V2.0 direct
Once the game starts with V2.0 you can just take it from there Patch to 2.01 (then run game) then to 2.04 (run game again)

AEP can not be installed as stand-alone. you need FB installed first. Just see it as a glorified "Patch 2.0" ;) There's so much in it it deserved a CD status :) IMHO 2.04 still has one of the best flight models in the series

I never used PaintVictories, but I assume you just run it in the background and shoot some AI down (may take a while), maybe a re-download can help to get at the help.
Last edited by MaXMhZ on Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby OhCanada on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:20 pm

The version I am running is Il-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles straight up, no gold pack or anything else and Il-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles ACE*EXPANSION PACK, straight up. No fancy editions. They are installed as stand alone.
I'll try it again following your advice, and I hope it will work. I've had IL-2 since it's infancy, and still there is nothing that comes close to it, in my opinion. There could be a few tweaks to improve I believe but nothing really critical.
I'll keep you informed.
Cheers!! :wink:
OhCanada
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby OhCanada on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:25 pm

Oops, forgot, Il-2 FB is 2 CD, the AEP is 1CD. I don't think that matters, just follow your sequence?
OhCanada
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:03 am

Max, as usual, is spot on, if you need a blow by blow installation guide try this
The same advice but it tells you every step (apart from breathe in and breathe out) :lol:
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby OhCanada on Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:40 pm

Okay, so with some effort)?) I did the ol're-installation of IL2 FB Stand Alone.
Installed, tested tracks, flew a quickie, re-booted PC (v1.0) :)
Installed Il2 FB AEP (one disc only), tested tracks, flew 2 quickies rebooted PC (now v2.0) :)
Installed first pact (v2.01), test tracks, flew a quickie, rebooted PC (now v2.01) :)
Installed second patch (v.204), tested tracks, flew a quickie rebooted PC (now v2.04) :)

So for the moment, all seems well, no problems. I haven't tried the campaign side of it yet... but soon. Thought I'd post a reply first and extend my thanks :D

Cheers.
OhCanada
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:22 pm

My mistake. AEP is indeed 1 CD. Sorry for that.
Allways a good idea to run after each install to check if the add-on/patch installed correct. (can save you from having to start from FB 1.0 again)

Great you got 2.04 working. It definitely is one of the best versions of FB.
Once you add PF 3.0m in merged mode, you'll think initialy your planes will feel like they lost half their weight, but you do get used to that quickly and the added carrier operations, maps and planes more than make up for that.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to Help Forum