Saitek X-52 Throttle Problem

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Saitek X-52 Throttle Problem

Postby Moggy_AH on Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:46 pm

Howdy All:

I ran into a problem with my X-52 throttle I've not seen before. I can no longer throttle back to 0%; it bottoms out at 20%. Tried calibration many times, contacted Saitek support, swapped sticks with my backup, tried it on backup computer with both sticks, same problem. Also tried both sticks in CFS2; bottom setting is 8% there (still no 0%) so it probably isn't game-related.

I tried deleting the calibration zero in regedit a few times. It initially improved it to where I could get the throttle down to 10%, but it didn't last & I still can't throttle back to 0%.

Any ideas? Thanks...
Moggy_AH
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:02 pm

I don't know how you contacted Saitek, but I would advice to post in their X52 tech support forum - they're very quick with good solutions to problems. Official Saitek Forums

Also check in-game under Hardware/Input that you didn't set a deadzone for the throttle.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Moggy_AH on Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:45 pm

MaXMhZ wrote:I don't know how you contacted Saitek, but I would advice to post in their X52 tech support forum - they're very quick with good solutions to problems. Official Saitek Forums

Also check in-game under Hardware/Input that you didn't set a deadzone for the throttle.

Roger that, Max. Did both. It looks now as if it's a hardward problem. I never would have figured that, because not only did my original X52 throttle have to be bad, but the (brand new) backup X52 I tried out also apparently had the same bad throttle. What are the chances of that, I wonder?

Anway, I used a friend's and the problem disappeared.

Thanks!
Moggy_AH
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:19 am

I had a problem with my evo's rudder (twist axis) a while back and was initialy adviced to return it under warrantee conditions, unbtill I told them a new evo I had bought had exactly the same problem. Then I was adviced to remove some registry settings and re-install drivers and do a calibration which fixed the problem. Looks to me it's a simular problem you're having now with your throttle I didn't even have to reboot my machine - removing the registry values and moving the stick through it's extreme positions did the trick :D
Here's the advice I got from UKSupport on the Saitek forum that fixed my rudder problem for the evo:
Unplug the controller, click Start>Run, type regedit and click OK. In the Registry Editor browse to the following folders in order:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
MediaProperties
PrivateProperties
DirectInput

And delete the VID_06A3&PID_0464 folder. Plug the controller back in, rotate and twist the stick fully a couple of times and see if that has fixed it.

It might be a different "folder" for your throttle, but hope it helps.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Moggy_AH on Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:48 pm

MaXMhZ wrote:I had a problem with my evo's rudder (twist axis) a while back and was initialy adviced to return it under warrantee conditions, unbtill I told them a new evo I had bought had exactly the same problem. Then I was adviced to remove some registry settings and re-install drivers and do a calibration which fixed the problem. Looks to me it's a simular problem you're having now with your throttle I didn't even have to reboot my machine - removing the registry values and moving the stick through it's extreme positions did the trick :D
Here's the advice I got from UKSupport on the Saitek forum that fixed my rudder problem for the evo:
Unplug the controller, click Start>Run, type regedit and click OK. In the Registry Editor browse to the following folders in order:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
MediaProperties
PrivateProperties
DirectInput

And delete the VID_06A3&PID_0464 folder. Plug the controller back in, rotate and twist the stick fully a couple of times and see if that has fixed it.

It might be a different "folder" for your throttle, but hope it helps.

Yes, I got the same advice from them. The folder was ..._0255. I might not have followed the advice exactly, though (deleting the folder then plugging the controller back in & moving it through its range of movements). Doh!
Moggy_AH
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Help Forum