Intro Graphics

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Intro Graphics

Postby Binks on Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:44 pm

Hello all,

I've recently been downloading campaigns, and single missions from Mission 4 Today, (for which, thank you all very, very much), and I have a question concerning some of the intro graphics for the missions.
With some of the campaigns, an intro graphic is included, which appears on screen whilst the chosen career or mission uploads. Normally, this appears to happen automatically, but in some downloads, it doesn't.
Also, some of those that I've downloded, are now appearing on totally unrelated campaigns and missions, (but always within the same country folder, DE or GB etc). For example, with the Fortress Europe download, I now have the intro graphic for Hurricats appearing.

My question is, how can I get the relevant intro graphic to stay in its original folder, and delete it from folders it doesn't belong in, and how can I get the excellent wallpaper graphics supplied with some of the downloads to act as the intro graphic.

I've searched all the folders in the Ubisoft file, but wouldn't recognise an intro graphic if it jumped out and bit me, so am a bit worried about moving stuff around.

Look forward to hearing from you

Best wishes,

Binks
Binks
Lance Air Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:00 pm

Hi Binks.
The background graphica for campaigns are called "background.tga" and stored in the country-code directories under /missions/campaign/<country code>/ e.g. missions/campaign/US/ or /missions/campaign/GB/

They are 32bit Targa (TGA extention) graphics with resolution 1024x768

For info on IL-2 series take a look in the IL-2 Community Created Manual (CCM)

The link above will take you to an explanation on how to make your own campaigns, but there is a LOT more information in the CCM. Take a look around; it works just like wikipedia ;)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Binks on Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:18 pm

Thanks,

I'll take a look and see what I can learn,

Binks
Binks
Lance Air Corporal

Return to Help Forum