Unable to arm (choose plane)in my multiplayer game

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Unable to arm (choose plane)in my multiplayer game

Postby autie on Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:36 am

I've been putting up a server for the last few weeks and all has been well but I have run into this problem when I set up a server in PF stand alone 4.04. I clicked on a plane to try but got an empty blue screen. from that point on I have been unable (in spite of several re installs) to join my own server. The arming button just clicks and nothing is accessed in the game. my friends can play but not myself! I'm out of ideas as to how to fix this. I do have IL2 v1.2 and Lockon as well installed. Any help in this is will be much appreciated
autie
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:24 am

Thats a bit frustrating.
Could you answer some questions to make the situation you're in a bit clearer?

-1- Do you use PF on one machine starting an online game (host) and then join this game through another computer over (a) your own local network or (b) over the internet, possibly through a game service like UBI's or Hyperlobby (c) run PF on one machine hosting a game and have everyone (including yourself) join through Join by IP

-2- Does PF run OK (plane selection,arming screen etc)when you run an offline game on the system you used to host the game

-3- Does the system hosting the online game BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death), or the system trying to join the game

-4- Do you have the original PF CD in the drive in both systems (you will need this to play PF or any other IL-2 series game - a backup copy will not work)

-5- Did I totally misintrepit the situation

Also make sure both systems have the game patched to the same version (as you stated 4.04) Different versions of IL-2 games are incompatible for online play.

Check the main game directory for any error log(s) and report them in this thread please
If you get a Blue Screen without any message and have no error logs, run DrWatson before starting the game (on both machines) and report back with the error log it produces if an error occurs. Click Start - Run... type drwtsn32 and click OK
if an error occurs DrWatson should trap it and pop-up. it will also produce an error log file (location is reported on it's start screen dialog)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby autie on Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:46 pm

Thanks Max for your help. I've found that the plane that I cannot load,and which has caused all the proplems is the Do-335a-o-1944. this is the plane that when clicked on gives one a blue blank screen. I've also found that I cannot load this plane in the quick action builder as well. It gives an error message and says it is unable to load it.
My workaround solution for getting back a playable game in multiplayer was to reinstall PF in a different folder. I took out program files from the location for instalation and all is well. I of course no longer click on the DO 335. but am curious as to what plane it is! Has nobody else mentioned this as a problem in the PF stand alone game?
Thanks again for all your input and for helping on this great resource.

cheers,

Autie.
autie
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:31 pm

For the Do335 to work you do need the 4.+ merged install (PF stand-alone does not have it) so FB +AEP+PF+patches are needed to get to fly the Do335 Pfeil If you don't have FB and AEP, I'd wait acouple of weeks - the Sturmovik 46 DVD is just around the corner (I pre-ordered it yesterday myself). The 46 DVD includes all of IL-2 FB series (FB,AEP,PF,Pe-2, Manchuria and 46 add-ons , has several bonus maps and a 450 page printed manual about the planes. Release date is Nov 17 in the UK, Dec 7 in the Netherlands and dates in between for other European countries and Australia. No release date yet for the US, but it will be on sale through http://www.gogamer.com. Our affiliate play.com has a very competitive pre-order offer too for the UK and Europe (40% off). here's a link

I am aware of some people having problems selecting the Do335 in PF but didn't hear the blue screen thingy yet.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to Help Forum