No Panel in IL2 Stuka

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

No Panel in IL2 Stuka

Postby Proud IL2 ACE on Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:06 pm

I installed the patches for il2 sturmovik and you can fly the JU87 dive bomber, however there is no panel is there any way i can fix that?
Proud IL2 ACE
Flight Sergeant

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:50 pm

Welcome to Airwarfare, IL2 ACE! It would be helpful to know what version of IL2 that you are using. When the sim is loading, take note of the version number (ex. 3.03 or 4.04) and whether it is a merged install (w/ Pacific Fighters).

I must say that I haven't flown the Stuka much at all so what panel are you referring to? Or is this an in-game control panel?

Thankee,
MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:09 am

Version number, type of game (IL-2 Sturmovik, IL-2 Forgotten Battles) the last with or without Ace Expansion Pack and Pacific Fighters and type of panel you miss would be handy to know ;) If you are looking for a bombadier position - there is none. Bombs are dropped by the pilot.

Go into a steep dive, extend the airbrake (turns on the siren) and release the bomb when ready, then pull up. You can assign the keys/buttons to do this under Control Panel. Just press Esc in quick-mission, select Control Panel and assign keys/buttons by clicking to the right of the command you want to assign, then apply the commands and return to mission. you can then test them immediately.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Proud IL2 ACE on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:47 pm

It is the original IL2 Sturmovik not forgotten battles it is not merged and it does not have any expansion packs and it is V1.2. The panel i am talking about is the aircraft panel.
Proud IL2 ACE
Flight Sergeant

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:55 pm

OK Ace - same procedure as for FB or PF. With panel do you mean the altimeter, bank/roll indicator, airspeed etc. in front of the pilot or the game's control panel to assign keys and buttons etc? Sorry but it's still not clear to me what panel is missing.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Proud IL2 ACE on Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:58 pm

The panel infront of the pilot. The one with all the gauges and a gunsite.
Proud IL2 ACE
Flight Sergeant

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:06 pm

If you have a compass to the lower-right and height indication/speed in the lower left of your screen, you probably pressed Ctrl-F1 (""No Cockpit" or "wonderwoman" view). press Ctrl-F1 again a couple of times and the cockpit will re-appear. (There are several modes). Shift-F1 will bring your head inline with the reticle on the HUD for aiming in German planes. You should have a small quick reference foldout card listing the views and main instruments that came with the game. There is also a pdf file in the main game directory "controls.pdf", and an extensive manual manual.pdf there.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Proud IL2 ACE on Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:01 pm

what i mean is there not cocpit veiw at all no gunsite no gauges no nothing all i have is exterior veiws. my cocpit veiw key is F1 and all my other planes have interior veiws.
Proud IL2 ACE
Flight Sergeant

Postby MaXMhZ on Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:37 am

-1- Do you have this in Quick Mission too ?
=2- What is the exact plane type you are flying?

It sounds like you describe flying an AI plane...
These planes have no cockpit view, only external views.

If you try pressing F1, do you loose complete view of the plane and does it show water/land without any plane there?

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby MaXMhZ on Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:51 am

:shock: Sorry - An apology to you first.

Up to this point I did everything from memory, and it has been years since I played IL-2 Sturmovik.

I just re-installed it and checked.
I don't know what you did, but the Ju87 Stuka is not a flyable plane, and as such has no cockpit. It's an AI plane in IL-2 Sturmovik, and as such can't be selected in Quick Mission Builder to fly either. (only as an enemy plane, controlled by the computer). There are ways you can fly AI planes, but on external views only.
Several types of the J87 Stuka can be flown in IL-2 Forgotten Battles, but as stated above, that's an entirely different game. It's the successor of IL-2 Sturmovik with many many advantages Currently the latest version is 4.07. If you enjoy IL-2 Sturmovik and want to move on I would suggest buying the IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 version DVD - it will completely overwhelm you. It contains Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters, Pe-2, Sturmoviks over Manchuria and 46'bringing you to version 4.07m of Forgotten Battles in one go. It has a LOT more planes, maps, objects, visual effects; oh well the list is allmost endless. You could say it would be a step from the Fort T model to the latest Dodge Viper :D

The manual for IL-2 Sturmovik Original version is in the main game folder in the "!MANUAL" directory. there are several versions in different languages.

Sturmovik 1946 is not available in the normal shops in the USA, but it can be ordered online through several online stores, like NWS Online store (see link below my sig), GoGamer.com, Play.com and probably several others by now. It just got delivered to them very recently.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Proud IL2 ACE on Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:38 pm

i installed some game updates that fix bugs and make some AI planes flyable like the bf-109e I-16 and the stuka all have panels except for the stuka.
Proud IL2 ACE
Flight Sergeant

Postby MaXMhZ on Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:39 am

I solved your problem.
I updated the game to V1.2 dollowing the Airwarfare Installation and Patching Guide and all is well if you follow that.

I reproduced the error you have by installing Upgrade 1.2ov but skipping upgrade 1.2 - that's probably what happened to you too.

You need to install 1.2 before installing 1.2ov

The plain-vanilla 1.2 will install the 3D models and cockpits.
The 1.2ov is an optional Open Voice patch that lets you change the AI voices in-game.

The 1.2 is not optional though; You need that.

If this is what happened, uninstall through cd-autorun after backing up your files as described in the above mentioned patching guide, and re-install and patch to 1.2 again following the guide. It has links there to download the patches.

Hope it works after that - mine did.

S! MaX

Merry Christmas and a Happy Newyear to you and your family.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Proud IL2 ACE on Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:57 am

Hey thanks that solved my apocoliptic nightmare. :lol: Merry Christmas komrad. :smt111
Proud IL2 ACE
Flight Sergeant

Return to Help Forum