Bursting into flames for no apparent reason.

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Bursting into flames for no apparent reason.

Postby Proud IL2 ACE on Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:48 am

I have a problem. When I fly the Jets (expt. MIG-9 LaGG-3RD Yak-15 FW jet) the engine catches on fire! I turned engine overheat off I was not getting hit by AA fire I even tried turning Imortality on all to no avail plese help me!
Proud IL2 ACE
Flight Sergeant

Postby MaXMhZ on Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:09 am

when increasing throttle do it slowly
and never ever decrease then increase throttle shortly after eachother.
those early jet engines were very touchy ;)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Proud IL2 ACE on Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:58 pm

thanks for the heads up. :D
Proud IL2 ACE
Flight Sergeant

Postby MaXMhZ on Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:16 pm

The way I use is to look at the RPM of the engine - once that's stable I know I can change my throttle further; this way you can get some feel for how fast you can move the throttle. For the Me262 e.g., I use 6000RPM for taxiing, 8000 RPM for normal flight, and I don't use more than 84% throttle ever.. To get the engines up to speed, before the take-off run I keep the brakes on revving up the engines till I reach 84%, then release brakes to start the run and use flaps just after I reached take-off speed. I climb a little and then go into a shallow dive/level flight as soon as possible, raise flaps to build more speed, turn and climb further.

Although it doesn't give any ""how to pilot" information, the documentary series "Weapons of War" has a nice episode "German jet fighters" covering Me-262 Schwalbe""(Swallow), Me163 "Komet", He 162 "Salamander" and Arado 234 "Blitz" covering poduction, common problems, and deployment of these planes

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to Help Forum