Registration Problems

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Registration Problems

Postby Wilder.Pilz on Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:35 pm

Hey Guys

I am proud new owner of IL2-Stormovik..... What a fun. I installed the game and patched it up to the actuall update.

Well this works fine and so i decided to get some addones for this game.
Yesterday I went to the UBI page to the download section and found all I need. I start to download the
IL2 Sturmovik™ series: Ultimate Edition [PC - Download]
After downloading I installed the game and the prog asked me for my registration key. I talked to a friend and he told me that UBI need to give me a registration key to play the game. I received 3 Mails 1 bill and 2 confirmations of my order but no Mail with a Licens key.
In this E-Mails is a link to get detailed download informations. i pushed this link to get the dowload page, wher I dowload the game. Under point 5 there was mentiont
"To Registrat your game pleas insert this code"

And here is the point
THER WAS NO CODE. AND NO MAIL WITH A CODE

What can I do. I payed for crap..... I can not play the expansion pack without the code.
I decided to send a MAil to UBI. But no answer so far.
Wilder.Pilz
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:37 pm

It can take a couple of days for UBI to answer.
If you bought it through the UBI online store your order details will have been saved though, so no problems should arise to get a new code send to you.
Make sure you don't have them blacklisted in your email client/anto spam/security software.
AFAIK they will issue maximum 3 keys per client. Make a backup of the email with the key (and/or print it out and make a backup for the downloaded program.
When you get into a conversation with them, ask if there is a way to swap the "Ultimate Edition" for the "Sturmovik 1946" edition. This is the last version of the game (4.07m) and needs just one patch to get to the latest version.(4.071m)

Airwarfare is not connected to UBI so we don't have access to keycodes/registration codes.
I just tried to get into ubishop UK through the UK ubi site - seems they messed up more than your email - it switched to a french interface and I wasn't able to get it back to english again. I think you would have been better off buying the Sturmovik 1946 DVD from NWS Online or http://www.play.com

If they haven't sorted it out in a week I would cancel my payment - you normally have 31 days to take a payment back (this does depend on the payment method you used)
Good Luck!
Last edited by MaXMhZ on Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Wilder.Pilz on Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:11 pm

Hi MaXMhZ

Thx for your kind help. I think i will wait one more day for the answer.
Wilder.Pilz
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:31 pm

Thanks Wilder.Piltz no problem - I know these things can be very frustrating - thanks for keeping your calm :) Normally you should be able to go into "My Account" through http://store.ubi.com and request a new activation code directly, but when I try the whole thing stays in French - even when I click the English flag to switch it over to english interface.

You could try Ubi support directly at the following link:
http://care.ubi.com

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Wilder.Pilz on Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:31 pm

I am a bit confused

Ok I dowload the game from http://shop.ubi.com. I can login there and sende so fare 4 Mails to theme. After this I tried to call UBI. But the Tech Center couldent help me with my question.

Now I tried your link http://store.ubi.com
I can lock in there too but in "My orders" is no postion with my game. Sure a different system!

I also tried the http://care.ubi.com, but there I was no login possible.
"This ubi.com account is not permitted to access this area."

Maybe I should try to send a Mail to the store.ubi Team. MAybe they can help me.

If I have a result I let you know......
Wilder.Pilz
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:42 pm

You could also try UBI help forum, but make sure to stress you are not asking for a new key from anyone - they are very toutchy on the subject and a key from someone else will not work anyway.

Good Luck, sorry I can't be of more help to you.
Last edited by MaXMhZ on Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Wilder.Pilz on Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:52 pm

I checked the solution center again and they gave my the same solution I did so far. Login into customer Support and send a Mail.
Ok I send one more.

The problem is that the UBI Tech center and UBI Shop are not connectet. So you need to address your problem directly to the shop and not to the Tech support. :roll:

I also updated my UBI Account. answering all the qustions all all this stuff.
Maybe this helps :lol:
Wilder.Pilz
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Wilder.Pilz on Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:09 pm

After two more days of waiting I received my Mail...... :partyman:

Game works great in singelplayer mode but not online.

As mentiont befor I download the game from UBI. My actual Version is 4.05m. But all the server in HyperLobby run 4.04 or waht ever... not my version.......
I found out that there is apossibility to switch betwen the versions. Found a tool caled IL2 Loader. But this seems not to work for me.

I try to patch it with a 4.071 patch but this crashed my game. Need to install it new.

Never had a Game befor like this.... So what can I do to play online?
Wilder.Pilz
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:56 pm

Well -different versions of the game are incompatible; for now your best way of action to play online is start (host) a 4.05m game yourself and hope someone joins, find a 4.05m host, or buy Sturmovik 1946 DVD which I believe is the current version (Sturmovik 1946+4.071m patch).They now also have an upgrade from 4.05m (Pe-2 Peshka) to 4.07m (Sturmoviks over Manchuria and 4.07m (Sturmovik 1946) as downloads through BoontyBox but I would not recommend that. The DVD is available in Continental Europe and Australia through the retail shops, There still has not been a release for the US (It is available at NWS Online shop - see link beneath my sig) It is also available from http://www.play.com
For IL-2 loader to switch between 4.04m and 4.05m, you would need both versions installed - that's not possible with the DVD versions. They install to a version in one go. Unless IL-2 loader has the necessary files packaged with it. - highly unlikely since they are copyrighted material and an integral part of the game.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to Help Forum