No Text in Main Menu

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

No Text in Main Menu

Postby EAW0506@windstream.net on Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:22 pm

I am trying to install IL2-FB (then all the other goodies). My first indication of a problem is that the esc. key does not work on the start up movie. Then after the movie is over, the main menu appears but there is no text. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the problem continues. If you pick a mission to fly only a few parts of the aircraft graphics appear. Anyone ever see this? Any suggestiond on how to fix? Thanks for any help.
EAW0506@windstream.net
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:09 pm

I'm afraid this all sound like an install that went haywire...
When you un-installed, did you delete the game directory by hand afterward? - that could work. For the Esc key to work you should have the following section in your conf.ini file in the main game directory:
Code: Select all
[HotKey gui]            
Escape=activate      

If it's not there you can add it using notepad. Make sure notepad doesn't add the default .txt extention when you save it. note conf.ini is CaSeSensitive...
If you have an old and slow CPU your system can have problems recognising the Esc command in time too In that case run il2setup.exe and disable the movie to play on startup.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to Help Forum