Download check

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Download check

Postby Binks on Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:11 pm

Hello all.
I just bought and downloaded version 4.07 (Pe2+SOM+1946) from the Ubisoft shop. At the second attempt, it downloaded correctly, but initially, I couldn't find it. Turns out, it was inserted into a downloaded games file, amongst other programmes, by the Boonty box thingy.
Managed to unzip and install it correctly using the password, and then sought the upgrade to version 4.08. Downloaded this, no problem, into the Il2 programme file and unzipped it.
Question is, how can I tell it has installed, as the startup screen is still showing version 4.07, and as it's all a bit new, I can't tell what 4.08 should have inserted.
Incidentally, once up and running, do we really need to keep this Boonty box stuff? It insisted on spending an hour downloading version 4.05, which I already had, before moving on to version 4.07.

Most frustrating!

Cheers,

Binks
Binks
Lance Air Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:08 pm

You have the version that will show on the startup of the game in the lower-left corner. If it shows 4.07m then that's what you have. Make sure you make a copy of add-ons and keycodes you download on a CD-R or DVD (re)writable. Also make sure you download the right 4.08m patch (there's one for the game and one for the dedicated server) 4.08m patch for the game is about 144MByte. If you have the wrong patch, just download the right one - I would use http://www.gamershell.com (just search for "4.08" and it should find the patches,select the game patch and not the dedicated server patch, select a fast d/l mirror in the list and off you are :) Make sure to unzip into the right game directory when you run it overwriting old files, then start the game and check it says 4.08m

You don't need to keep Bootybox. This is just a secure download manager You can uninstall this like a normal program with Add/Remove Software. I hope you still have the original il2.exe from 1C:Maddox - Booty replaces the exes with their own and they re-install Bootybox and check for game-updates (which they won't find ever); they can also introduce errors.
If you did not save them, insert Forgotten Battles Disk 1. using WinZip or WinRAR, open "Data1.cab" and extract il2.exe and il2fb.exe into the game directory overwriting the Booty exe's

Any more problems just post.

Hope this helps.
S! MaX

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Binks on Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:21 pm

I think I must be doing something really dumb. I downloaded again from gamershell, and unzipped into the Il2 1946, directory but still showing version 4.07. I've also tried unzipping into the Boonty box 1946, but still only version 4.07.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Binks
Binks
Lance Air Corporal

Postby Binks on Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:48 pm

Ok, I got it. A new directory had been created labelled Ubisoft, (the original was Ubi Soft). All I had to do was transfer the folder from the new directory into the old one, then download 4.08 into it, and hey presto.

A bit difficult to spot with my old eyes, but it was quite a subtle difference.

Onwards and upwards!

Thanks,

Binks
Binks
Lance Air Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:03 pm

yep - since 1946 (DVD) they use Ubisoft and not Ubi Soft (FB+)
UBI stupidity squared - they pulled that stunt one time before and then too it got a lot of people disoriented. It seems these guys never learn lol.
Oh well - all's good that ends good. Enjoy Online Italy, Online Dessert and Norway maps, andall the new early jets!
At least the goodies stay good too :D
One thing to keep in mind is the game (at least the DVD version) is now started with il2fb.exe and not il2.exe - this might cause some minor problems with 3rd party utilities - if it does just copy the file you have optionally renaming to either il2 or il2fb so you have both ;) They are the same anyway.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to Help Forum