CANT START IL2 PF FB AEP! HELP!

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

CANT START IL2 PF FB AEP! HELP!

Postby KGL109 on Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:45 am

I just reinstalled IL2 forgotten battles, Ace expansion pack, and Pacific Fighters on my PC but when i try to start it i get the start up picture of the carrier and then nothing the game wont start please some one help me.
KGL109
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MudPuppy on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:24 am

Hey KGL, sorry that we haven't gotten back to you before now. Are you still having an issue with the game stopping on the load screen?
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed for technical assistance but if it's still stopping on you I might suggest:
Uninstall it all and try another reinstall, there may have been an issue with one of the prog's.
Make sure that your DirectX drivers are up to date.
Last thing I know would be to check the order of any patches that you've installed for the series. The guides here have a great step-by-step direction on patching the series and it's worth having it around when you re-install.

The last time I re-installed the game I had just popped in a new hard drive and mapped the game to this new disk. Thought I'd add that in case you're installing to a new drive, to be sure they all go to the correct directory.

Again, you may be a tech wiz compared to me and tried these (and more) first thing. If you're still having troubles and these didn't help let us know and I'm sure that we have someone here on the forums who can give you some more specific direction.
Regards,
MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:30 am

Hi KGL109, welcome to Airwarfare!
Did you install PF as the merged version?
When you start the game, in the lower left corner, what version is reported above the 'Loading...'message; and does the percentage increase or does it stop? If it stops - at what % ?
try starting by double clicking il2.exe in/Program Files Ubi Soft/IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles/

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to Help Forum