problems with skins and missions

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

problems with skins and missions

Postby naderov on Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:19 pm

hi there,

I have bothIL2+FB +AEP+PF and luft 46.
I started having problems with skins downloaded and campains not showing.
I install them right and in thecorrect and appropriate folder, but for some reason, it is not working!.
also,

if you know lobbys where I can play online LUFT 46.
I have had the game for years, but sort of new to online.

thanks, naderov
naderov
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:26 pm

Hi naderov, Welcome to Airwarfare!
Did you dounle check the directory you placed the campaigns/skins?
Up till Sturmovik 1946 (online that's just Forgotten Battles v4.07m or higher) the files were under /Program Files/Ubi Soft/... <- with space in Ubi<space>Soft
from 1946 onward 4.07m and up they are under
/Program Files/Ubisoft/IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/... <Ubisoft without space

It's very easy to miss.

Allmost everyone is flying online (free) at Hyperlobby
d/l the free client from http://www.hyperfighter.sk
To the left is the download link to the client. There is also a manual there.
Once installed run it, select game Forgotten Battles, fill in your username and password, click connect and follow instructions that will pop-up. If it does not find the game, enter the whole path to the game by hand in the edit box. If you click the check-boxes right of your username and password they will be filled in automaticly next time you visit. clicking connect then will connect you.
at some point some instructions will show in the chat window (prompt for your email) - enter the answer in the line below the chat. They will only be visible to you. After confirmation you're good to go and play online at hyper - have fun!
default it would be
c:/Program Files/Ubisoft/IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/il2fb.exe
Once you're connected you can type /b
in the chat to get the big chat window, /b again to switch it back; /h will give a short help in the chat (only visible to you).

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby naderov on Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:39 am

:) thank you for the reply, I follow the steps correctly, and it has worked before and downloaded several north african campaign too. but now it doesnt?
naderov
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:11 pm

If you downloaded from mission4today, check if the campaign(s) are compatible with the version of the game you have (displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen when you start the game).
It all depends on which campaigns you downloaded for which game. Old campaigns may have used the static campaign generator (NGen) while new campaigns can use the dynamic campaign generator DGen or even the third-party DCG by Lowengrin. Campaigns can be set-up in a way that you have to unpack to the main directory but can also be setup that you have to unpack to the Campaigns sub-directory Most of the time this information is included in the zip file in form of a 'read-me.txt or read.me text file...
do you have link(s) for the campaigns that give trouble? are there any error messages?

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to Help Forum