Il2 1946 & Joystick Logitech Force 3d Pro

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Il2 1946 & Joystick Logitech Force 3d Pro

Postby fendergibson on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:37 pm

Hello everybody,

Does anyone of you use this Joystick with Il2 1946 ?

I have problems to assign commands to the 6 buttons (7 to 12), located on the base oft the joystick (other ones work OK).
The logitech software allows me to choose the commands to assign and they are recorded.
But when playing the game, these 6 buttons remain inactive.

Thanks for any advice. :wink:

Cheers,

FG

I'm also posting this topic in the FB forum.
fendergibson
Lance Air Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:26 pm

If I get this right, you use Logi's profiler software to assign keyboard keys to the joystick and then they don't work in-game... If they are normal keys, do they work in notepad? Do other games work? If the answer to both questions is "no", it's the Logitech profiler that is at fault.

Did you try to assign the buttons directly in-game under the "Controls" section? That should always work. Just go into Controls, click in the list at the right of the command you want assigned, then press the button - It should show in the list now and work according in-game.

Hope This Helps,

MaX
P.S. Start a quick mission. Esc brings you out of the mission, you can now select Controls too to assign buttons/keys to commands and then return to the mission to test them. Very convenient.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby fendergibson on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:47 pm

Hi MaX,

You're really impressing me ... It works.
Following your advice by assigning the buttons directly in-game solved all my problems.
Everything is working fine now. Great!

Many thanks for that. :D

May I ask you another question related to Il2 1946? :wink:

My keyboard is an "azerty" one.
But I need the "qwerty" keyboard to easily introduce some keyboard's commands in Il2 1946.

So, when using my PC for current tasks, I stay with "azerty".
When playing Il2 1946, I have to switch it to "qwerty".

I'm doing this through the "configuration pannel" / "linguistic & regional options", changing the language for next reboot, and finally reboot the pc. It’s working, but a long process.

On the web I found many advices about shortcuts to switch easier from keyboards, but none are working. Eg: Shift Alt Gr / Shift Alt /
I don’t understand when and where to introduce these shortcuts.

Any idea?

Many, many thanks and best regards,

FG
fendergibson
Lance Air Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:58 am

This might help:

Go to the control panel and choose "Regional and Language Options." (the globe pictogram)
The first tab you see is called "Regional Options," and it includes basic settings such as the date and time formatting according to country.
Click to the second tab, labeled Languages.
Under "Text services and Input languages" choose Details. Here you will be able to set your default input language as well as add new languages to your taskbar that you can switch to whenever entering text into a Microsoft or Office application.
Choose Add, then select an input language from the list.
You can also choose from a number of keyboard layouts, including Dvorak and other languages.
These settings allow you to take advantage of the special accents and characters used in languages other than English without complicated methods.
Click OK when done.
You don't have to reboot.
HTH MaX

I hate the Dutch setting BTW I always have it on English.

You can also switch language by pressing the left Alt+Shift.
It will show in the taskbar what language is selectedl right-clicking the shown language lets you also change it.
This might even be faster than the above method to add languages.
So if you have a language displayed left of the clock (NL,BE,FR,EN,DE etc.), just right-click and select 'Settings'... A new window will open. there you can add languages etc, Shift+Alt will cycle through the installed languages.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby fendergibson on Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:39 pm

Hi MaX,

Excellent !

Thanks and regards,

FG
fendergibson
Lance Air Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:04 pm