X850xt questions

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

X850xt questions

Postby Valkyrie on Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:25 am

Hi Guys's,
I first bought IL2 several years ago, I never played it. Then one day I loaded it and started goofing around with it and realized this was one of the best flight sims ever. I started on my quest of putting together a generic home dream machine to better my flight time with IL2, FB, and Pacific Fighters. Right now after months of waiting, I have a AMD 3800, MSI K8N Nforce4 PCI express MOBO, witha Gig of Corsair XMS memory along with a sapphire x850xt graphics card. I'm just installing the games back on my two drives raid 0. My first load was IL2 patched and ready to go. When I started it the x850 bombed out...........what a let down after all of this time. I also have a Sony Vaio with a x300 ati card in it and it plays all the games pretty decent. Anyway I was just wondering if anybody else has this card and exactly what setting are you running it at. I figure one of these days I'll have this beast running and then I will probably be 4 years behind the latest technology. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Valkyrie aka Mike
Valkyrie
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Luckyboy1 on Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:59 am

Post your diagnosis please. If you need instructions, see Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users.
Read Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users...

Luckyboys Guide

For all your hardware needs...

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby Sabor_Wolf on Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:10 am

hmm im interested in hearing about a fix for this.. as i just bought an X850 Pro for christmas =D yayyyyy 300 bucks =/ but its like having a new computer... and now i see litttttle minor issues like the text turning into unreadable squares and crosshair goin out, ive only seen it twice tho...

when i run the setup and pick my video mode, i use open GL with the radeon X800 series setting, works best as some of the settings only make my game a black screen outside of my cockpit
Sabor_Wolf
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:21 pm

I've seen multiple ppeople complaint anout squared-out text (squares instead of text) with ATI cards, so it's probably either a game or a driver quirck -'I don't know a solution ( my old trusted ti4800 is still doing it's job :)

I think your best bet is to post at UBI's help forum...
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/49310655

steve_v or someone else theremight know what's going on.

or maybe someone else here has an answer - whichever is first ;)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to Help Forum