Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro (1)

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro (1)

Postby Lark on Sun May 29, 2005 11:34 am

well, once upon a time, i purchesd this wonderful joystick. me and it had many wonderful hours of enjoyment together.
time passed and i forgot about li'lle ol' joystick...
nowadays, when i decided to play sims again, i took the joystick out of his pile of dust, and wanted to play with it. but alas, my computer has just a USB port...so, the big bad pc technitian took my money and installed a gameport. i became very dissapointed after that didnt work...no drivers for the Force Feedback 1....today a friend of mine brought me a gameport to usb converter.....but still, the computer doesnt recognise the joystick.

although i bought the Cyborg Rumble bla bla bla, i really like the force feedback pro. does anyone knows how i can make it work, and we'll live happily ever after?
yours, Lark

DxDiag ;)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: Hebrew)
System Manufacturer: GBT___
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.9GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 385MB used, 864MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicod
Lark
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby raiderrichuk on Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:44 am

Hi there I have the same joystick , and have you config it in the control panel. ie added it on the game controllers section , the default ones on xp will find it, mine works fine I even managed to get more feedback on it so it jumps across the table on a bad landing :)
raiderrichuk
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Lark on Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:38 pm

no luck m8 :(
when i choose the sidewinder autodetect , it tells me i have a sidewinder 3d pro and it is not connected :cry:
Lark
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Help Forum