weird joystick problem in LOMAC

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

weird joystick problem in LOMAC

Postby SmileyBri on Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:23 pm

Lo all i hope you can help me with this,it is a tricky one to explain right but here goes.
what is happening is,when i move my joystick up or down nothing happens for a bit,there is no response, then when it gets to a certain angle it moves the plane up or down quickly and is making it impossible to control as i cant make gentle adjustments.the roll left or right is fine no problem at all.
i have checked the calibration in windows and in the game options,all the buttons work fine too.
what i have noticed,when i use the test responses option,even little movements register and the cross will move where-ever i point it,then it will reach a certain point then make the last distance jump to the very end of the box but no matter which direction i use,up ,down,left or right.
i hope i have made myself clear and you can help.
btw should have mentioned this earlier,i have no problems with it in il2 and BF2 which are the only games i use it for.
i may disagree with everything you say but will defend to the death your right to say it
SmileyBri
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby SmileyBri on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:19 pm

UPDATE
this is getting weirder by the minute lol
I have just noticed while trying to sort this problem out,that while i am in cockpit view i can see the planes joystick move in response to what i am doing but the input problem is still the same,the plane does not respond till my joystick reaches a certain angle then it is as if all the input is sent at once making it pitch up or down very quickly.
please can anyone help me with this as i really want to be able to play this game and this is making it impossible to control the plane. :(
i may disagree with everything you say but will defend to the death your right to say it
SmileyBri
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby SmileyBri on Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:02 pm

never mind,it appears to be in the training levels but works ok actually in game suppose i will have to learn the hard way.
could anyone point me to some good training levels especially for a noob pilot.
SmileyBri
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Flanker47 on Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:59 pm

Maybe check you "dead zones" and "curve" settings for the joystick axis in LOMAC...
Flanker47
Air Cadet Level 1

Return to Help Forum