Weird Joystick Problem... well.. weird barely describes it

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Weird Joystick Problem... well.. weird barely describes it

Postby Sabor_Wolf on Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:05 am

Well when im taking a break from the endless amounts of online vultching i try to bunker down the task of getting my joysticks to work properly so i can be more smooth and fluid with my aiming in the air... currently im using my old cyborg 3d gold, with a throttle and twist stick.. a 3 in 1 combo, throttle, rudder, pitch/bank ... wellllllll

I have an X45 throttle and stick, i cannot STAND the stick, but enjoy the throttle, i have a microsoft wheel w/ pedals, and of course want to use the pedals, and i want to continue using my cyborg for banking and pitch... theres a bit of play in the center of the 3d gold but it isnt a deadzone, its registered, and rudder is where its really noticeable.. but heres the problem

i hook in all 3.. my wheel and pedals, X45, and Cyborg.. i assign my controls, ID1, ID2, and ID3's ... get in the game... rudder works with pedals.. pitch and banking work with stick... and throttle works with X45 throttle... but here are the problems i have with doing this

im always banking, left or right, theres no area where it isnt doing either, its not torque, its a constant 8 degrees a second either way, i turn left to counter the right banking, it goes left at 8*/sec and vise versa, so maintaing level flight unless im continuously wobbling my stick is hopeless

secondly, my stick to control bank and pitch is WAY to sensitive but i figure playing around in the conif file i can fix that, im mainly worried about the constant banking issue, ive checked the wheel to see if it was causing it, it isnt, X45 stick isnt either, the bank and pitch isnt even assigned to anything other than my cyborg gold, so it doesnt react to anything except that, but my aelrons insit on either being too far left or right, never centered

but when i use just the cyborg and that alone, i dont have the issue, but then im lucky if i can keep my crosshairs on a hanger

thanks in advance =)
Sabor_Wolf
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Luckyboy1 on Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:31 am

Wander on over to UBI forums Community Help and ask Tully for advice on this matter.
Read Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users...

Luckyboys Guide

For all your hardware needs...

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby Sabor_Wolf on Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:40 am

wilco, thanks alot =)
Sabor_Wolf
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:11 pm

If it is allways banking in the same direction; did you try to calibrate it uding the window's game device calibeation routines ? Did you also do a "quick calibrate" (move all (or the one you need calibrated) through its full range) before flying? (quick calibrate works for the Saitek evo e.g. untill a windows restart. Also make sure the first (left side sliders in the joystick profile (under Hardware/Input in-game) are near zero to make it less sensitive near the center position ;)

Hope this helps.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby CrazySchmidt on Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:46 am

I would go along with what Max has said here with the Calibration.

I have a Thrustmaster which has always worked well for me and then out of the blue everything went crazy, by that I mean I had an unreasonable amount of roll and rudder movement that was way of normal expectancy. I went to the windows game controller setup to find my calibration was all the hell out of wack!! I re-calibrated a couple of times and everything settled down nicely. I'm not suggesting this is a definite fix but I am suggesting it definitely warrants exploring.

Cheers, CS. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Return to Help Forum