Come On Guys Someone Please Answer

If you have a technical Issue please post here and we will endeavor to solve it.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Re: Forgot This

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:58 pm

flumpet wrote:Sorry I forgot to mention in the last post in reply to you that if I was using an original IL-2Sturmovik cd it would install showing screen shots as it loaded and not a box showing source and destination as it was loading.

AEP installs showing screenshots, if you are using an AEP disc then it should auto run, or you can install by clicking setup. The only time you see a box as you describe is when you are installing a patch.
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Wrong CD?

Postby flumpet on Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:48 pm

Guys you got me wondering when you said about the wrong cd and when I look at it there is no reference at all on the cd about AEP or FB, in fact all it syas is IL-2Sturmovik.
The case it is in is the proper case with AEP on it but when I bought this you took the case to the counter and they got the cd out of a draw and put it in and I reckon they have put the wrong one in.
It does not get better the shop is no longer there it closed down.
So I will see if I can get another one to see if that will work.
Thanks very much for all your help as I know you must be as fed up with this as I am.
Just as a matter of interest what have your AEP cd's got on them in the way of a picture or writing.
flumpet
Corporal

Postby ausmondo on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:00 pm

Here is a scan of my copy of AEP.

Hope this helps.
Sounds like that store has done you a bad thing.

Look to the top of the front page of this site and click on 'Shop' for an image of the box.
:)
ausmondo
Air Cadet Level 2

Re: Wrong CD?

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:04 pm

flumpet wrote:Guys you got me wondering when you said about the wrong cd and when I look at it there is no reference at all on the cd about AEP or FB, in fact all it syas is IL-2Sturmovik.
The case it is in is the proper case with AEP on it but when I bought this you took the case to the counter and they got the cd out of a draw and put it in and I reckon they have put the wrong one in.
It does not get better the shop is no longer there it closed down.
So I will see if I can get another one to see if that will work.
Thanks very much for all your help as I know you must be as fed up with this as I am.
Just as a matter of interest what have your AEP cd's got on them in the way of a picture or writing.

What crappy luck. Yo will find it very difficult to find a copy of AEP. There is a Platinum DVD release coming in about a week, available from play.com, fortunately it's only 14.99 far less than AEP was originally.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=rcs& ... tle=866127

The UK edition of AEP uses the top half of this box image on the CD:
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Nothing Like That

Postby flumpet on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:46 pm

Hello guys just to say my cd is nothing like that at all but the case it came in is the same as the one scanned.
You got in before me because my next question was going to be does anyone know where I can get it in the uk.
I have found a site in the USA that say they have it for sale might try that.
I feel really stupid now after all the help you have given me over the last couple of weeks and it turns out it is not the correct cd.
Sorry guys once again(I am just opening the window now to see how far a certain object will fly.)
flumpet
Corporal

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:51 pm

No problem Flumpet, you put us all through a little test, which we passed,, finally. I hope you get sorted out soon and get to enjoy the game to the full.

By the way

Now you are banned

Just kidding ;)
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

USA Version

Postby flumpet on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:00 pm

Before I commit to the USA AEP one question will it work with the FB I bought in the UK.
Any ideas.
flumpet
Corporal

Re: Default Install

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:26 pm

flumpet wrote:Also if I click on the original short cut left by AEP of Sturmovik it loads up the original Sturmovik.

I remember reading this the other day and meant to ask about it or at least to confirm what was being meant by it. So in a sense the answer was there all along...
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Copy from USA

Postby flumpet on Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:03 pm

Just to let you know I have tracked down a copy of AEP from the USA should be with me next week.
Managed to speak to Ubisoft who told me after a certain length of time they let the licence out to other companies, in this case a company called Focus.
Spoke to Focus and they only did the original IL2 Sturmovik and not the AEP add on.
The AEP from the USA has Strategic Simulations on the case I think with pc games they are universal as long as the language is o.k(well I hope it will install with my FB.
flumpet
Corporal

Postby Luckyboy1 on Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:21 pm

Why not make things easy and click through this site to buy?
Read Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users...

Luckyboys Guide

For all your hardware needs...

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Buying the game

Postby flumpet on Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:44 pm

I missed that one through this site should have spotted that.
I could have got it from Amazon UK but they are selling it for £49.99 and I
was not going to pay that much.
flumpet
Corporal

Postby Luckyboy1 on Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:57 pm

Well, hang in there! You have the number one quality needed to make it in this game. Like the rest of us, you are bone headed and subborn enough to do what it takes to get a proper install of the game!

Hey Flumpey, while we're at it here, let's get a gander at your diagnosis so we can get your PC all revved up with someplace to go when the game gets to you. If you need instructions on how to run a diagnosis, see Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users.

Luckyboys Guide

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Diagnosis

Postby flumpet on Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:44 pm

The one I sent the other day is on page 2 i think, if that one is no good let me know and i will send it again.
flumpet
Corporal

Postby Luckyboy1 on Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:47 pm

Sorry old man, I'm old and have old timer's disease. Just attend to the things I noticed.

Luckyboys Guide

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Previous

Return to Help Forum