IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles Merged or Ultimate Editions?

Details of the latest Sim releases for console or PC.

Moderator: MudPuppy

IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles Merged or Ultimate Editions?

Postby arizdlt on Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:09 pm

I have heard there is an IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles Ultimate Edition containg everything up to PE-2, supposedly avilable on ubisoft web site. However, I have not been able to find it. Can anybody give me an exact web address where I can purchase this in U.S. currency? if not the Ultimate edition , could someone provide me with similar information concerning the complete edition, which I have not been able to find either.
arizdlt
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:51 pm

The titles are a little confusing; "Complete", "Ultimate", "Wow, that too!", but its not too hard to get the info that you are asking about.
The IL2 "Complete" has all of the IL2 versions through Pacific Fighters and associated patches, i.e. version 4.04 (merged).
The PE-2 add-on has been available only as a download, so far. The next add-ons, Sturmoviks Over Manchuria & 1946, will also be available as downloads if you want to go that route. These 3 versions are 4.05-6-7, respectively.

Here's the good news! The release date for these next two add-ons is less than a month away AND they will also be available as one DVD with all, repeat ALL, of the IL2 content through 4.07. This DVD will also contain some cool extras like background info on the game, a large pdf on the planes in the game, and more. Check the link on Mission4Today.com:
http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=66

The bad news (at least for those in N America) is there has not been a US/Canada release announced, but the site GoGamer.com will likely be an avenue for snagging the disk once its released. I think the DVD containing the whole shooting match is the best buy but you could still download each of the 3 add-ons (-.05, .06 & .07) if you wanted.
Search this and the M4T forums and you'll find lots of discussion about this.
Later,
MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Return to Latest Sim Releases