Teaser video clip: BoB2 WoV version 2.05

Details of the latest Sim releases for console or PC.

Moderator: MudPuppy

Teaser video clip: BoB2 WoV version 2.05

Postby Seavee on Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:52 pm

A little sample of what's coming in Battle of Britain II Wings of Victory version 2.05.

Two view choices - better or good quality:

DOWNLOAD 9MB WMV FILE (better quality!):
http://www.electronicfiles.net/files/19 ... 0Spins.wmv

GOOGLE VIDEO CLIP ( good quality):
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6922&hl=en

NOTE: At the bottom right corner of the Google video player screen is a drop-down arrow with which you can resize (suggested as it still looks OK at double size).

Notice the new 2.05 lighting effects which are part of the new multiskin package as the sun glints on the A/C skin. Listen carefully and you can hear the ME109's leading edge wing slats bang open.

New to BoB2 WoV version 2.05 will be aircraft spins - both the Player and AI aircraft. They will be user-selectable (on or off) and the spin parameters (easier or harder to get into spin) can be incrementally modified by the user for BOTH the player and/or the AI. There are independent spin variables for player's A/C and the AI-piloted aircraft if so desired. Also, the AI A/C's speed of recovery from spins can be set to different levels based on the skill level(s) of the AI. A veteran AI A/C will recover from a spin faster than an novice. With a good FFB joystick one can easily feel the approaching stall/spin coming on and the FFBE getting progressively stronger. FFB in BoB2 WoV is totally awesome.

The original video was filmed using FRAPS at 1/2 of my 1920X1080 screen resolution @30FPS. All in-game GFX settings on MAX except object detail on medium and particle density on high. The FX look awesome even at medium. My PC specs: Intel D 950 Dual Core 3.4GHz; 2GB DDR2-667 RAM; 8800 GTX 768MB DDR3.

Release of the 2.05 patch is pretty close proabably less than 2 weeks.
Hindsight alone is not Wisdom and second-guessing is not a Strategy.

George W. Bush 1/31/06
Seavee
Corporal

Return to Latest Sim Releases