Shadows from the Past

Welcome everyone. Here you will find forum guidelines and posting tips. This is also the place to introduce yourself to rest of the community. I think you'll find we're a welcoming lot.

Moderators: MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Shadows from the Past

Postby TKang on Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:23 am

Hail all,
After three direct hits from hurricanes things have been a mess. I tried to log in, and received a message that my ID had expired. I am reloading this machine, and hopefully might steal the time to fly a sortie or two. Now to start tweaking the X52...
TKang
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:36 am

Welcome (back) to Airwarfare!

AFAIK ID'S don't expire here, but you can allways re-join, and if it did, it won't be long before EURO_Snoopy comes to the recue ;) He allways does...

I hope the hurricanes weren't too nasty for you :)

Just give a yell in the forums if you need help ;)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby MudPuppy on Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:55 pm

Hurricanes.. :!: ..dangerous twists of fate. Glad you made it through okay.

(err, no pun intended above, geez)

Welcome back. I am amazed at the great material and information that I've gotten access to here in the short time I've been a member.
MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby TKang on Tue May 02, 2006 9:44 pm

Thanks all.
On the subject of hurricanes, I have had my fill. The abridged version is they have not been good to me. I had a place on the beach that was rebuilt 3 weeks prior to Jeanne and Frances in 04. It started out as a manufactured home, but the lease was under $300/mo (grandfathered) which included a slip for a fishing boat under 28’ at the marina. After all the code mods, and overbuilding it proved to be watertight during the surge.

Per FEMA it suffered a whopping $1800 in damage, with a boat on the roof. Shortly there on the city-county then rezoned the area, eliminating utilities to single family dwellings there. Insurance, FEMA, and lawyers are still battling this out, but I expect a formal loss of $70k. So we ended up moving in with my folks.

We fixed up their damage ($15k) and started setting up to relocate… Then we were hit by Wilma. I am just about finished up with repairs (again) now. Now instead of being capable of semi-retiring (USAF), I have to almost start from scratch.

Now to see if I can relearn how to set up the X52…
TKang
Air Cadet Level 1

Return to New Members