Welcome everyone. Here you will find forum guidelines and posting tips. This is also the place to introduce yourself to rest of the community. I think you'll find we're a welcoming lot.

Moderators: MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Postby MAC MCCOY on Wed May 24, 2006 1:24 am

Just dropped in to say Hi

I have been browsing your forms a lot, what a great bunch of information. I am 75 years old and it doesn't stay with me very long.

I am not very savvy on computers, but I do love flight simming.

I have been flying sim 2004 for about four years and thought I would like to try combat flying, so I bought IL2, ( think its the original) WOW! I can't even get off the ground. I can't get any altitude, what a CRASH!

Hope you guys don't mind if I get on here later and ask some very stupid questions.

Mac
I LOVE THE GOLDEN YEARS
MAC MCCOY
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Wed May 24, 2006 2:13 am

Welcome to the forums!

Be sure to check out the online guide http://airwarfare.com/mediawiki-1.4.5/i ... =Main_Page It's been written with IL2-FB in mind but it can be helpful to IL2 (orignal).

As you can probably tell most of us are more than happy to help out people who require it.

If possibile you should look at the buying the IL-2 Sturmovik Series: Complete Edition (see http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/IL2/il2_main.htm)

You'll really love it, it provided countless hours of fun for me and many others.
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby BaLrOg on Wed May 24, 2006 2:24 am

Welcome aboard the board hope you enjoy the ride :wink:
BaLrOg
Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Wed May 24, 2006 7:21 am

Welcome Mac! Jusk ask anything. The only stupid questions are those that didn't get asked but shouls have been. ;)

I'd advice to start with an easy plane like the La5FN. It's a bit easier to handle than most others while it's also fast and has all trims and engine management if you'd like to fiddle with those It allways takes a bit of time getting started with a complex simulator like IL-2 series - but then it's great fun especialy online once you're up to it :D

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby MudPuppy on Wed May 24, 2006 1:31 pm

Another Welcome and "hello" for you Mac! I think you'll find this forum is as helpful & informative as the IL2 series of flight sims is fun & engaging.

I know when I started I took the easy way and just popped into mid-air with the Quick Mission Builder from the main screen. Allowed me to pick favorable conditions to try increase my flight skills to something less than horrible.
Max, I started with the La5 & La7 also for first planes in a dogfight. But for take-off and landing the IL2 Sturmovik was the first plane I successfully got off the ground and back down again on full realism settings. You should have seen the look the dog gave me when I let out that whoop of joy. :smt041
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby Luckyboy1 on Sat May 27, 2006 4:36 am

Even though I'm younger in years(47), sometimes I feel at least as old as you! I think you'll find many of the players of the IL series of games to be older than 30 years old. There is a younger crowd, but not to worry about them because they are great too and represent a cut above the average thinking out there.

Welcome to the addiction!
Read Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users...

Luckyboys Guide

For all your hardware needs...

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby Greyhawk on Sun May 28, 2006 11:27 pm

Welcome to a great site loaded with helpful people and a ton of good stuff that is very useful.. :D

Greyhawk
1ST AIR RESCUE SERVICE - T.R.A.P.S

"IVESTIGO AB RECUPERO, VIRTUTE ET ARMIS"
TO SEEK AND RECOVER, BY VALOR AND ARMS
Greyhawk
Air Cadet Level 2

Welcome MAC

Postby 100th_Alien on Mon May 29, 2006 4:45 pm

Welcome to AW. Glad your here, as always if you need any help with your flying the 100th FS would be more than happy to offer you any assistance.
=STRAIGHTEN UP AND FLY RIGHT=

http://www.332ndfg.com

alien@332ndfg.com
"The four elements: earth, air, water, and fire. Of these, I call your attention to two: air and fire. As pilots we live in the air, but we die by fire."
100th_Alien
Flight Sergeant

Return to New Members