need a clan!

Welcome everyone. Here you will find forum guidelines and posting tips. This is also the place to introduce yourself to rest of the community. I think you'll find we're a welcoming lot.

Moderators: MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

need a clan!

Postby gubbins3103 on Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:19 pm

hi! i'm new to ariwafare.com, and to flight sims in general, to be honest, and i have a slight predicament.
you see, i've bought pacific fighters, and started off on it, and i'm improving (slowly).but i've heard from various sources that the best way to improve is to play online, and to get the most out of that you need to be in a clan.
now, here comes the problem. whilst there are plenty of clans who claim they would put up with the fact that i'm not exactly the best flyer out there, i can't find a single one which would accept the fact that i'm 14.
i know, young gamers have a terrible reputation, but i'm not your average lout who thinks online gaming exists purely as an opportunity to tell nob gags to the whole world. i want to improve, i'm prepared to put work in (schoolwork allowing), and i will on no account act like an immature imbecile. ps i'm located in the uk.
now, does anyone know of a clan that would be prepared to look past my age and take me on?
gubbins3103
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:13 pm

Did you try UBI Squadron Forum? I'd intruduce myself over there if I were you. You're doing a great job at that :)

I think they would be stupid not to let you in if you present yourself like this.
S! and Good Luck
MaX
Oh - and welcome to Airwarfare :D

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:59 pm

Yes welcome gubbins, you do present yourself very well and sound like you would be asset to any squad.

Btw I wouldn't use the word clan in UBIForums, they'll probably tar and feather you over there, use 'Squadron' instead :)
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby MaXMhZ on Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:14 am

Hi again. I've seen your introduction over at UBI squadrons forum, and also seen some fine squadrons are recruiting at the time.
Quasar recently started a thread about the lag displacement maneuvre.
here http://airwarfare.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1435
Since you're keen to learn, check out the link(s) in my reply. They lead to a free online 175 page pdf by Johan Lykander discussing a lot of manoeuvres and containing a lot of tips about online airwarfare maneuvres and tactics. It's a great read ;) p.s. don't jump into a forum too soon. The best have training sessions and also will host games sometimes that are free for most to join. Read their websites though and their forums. Normally they will give a good impression about what the particular squadron is about :) Don't forget a good wingman can be as valuable as a good squad. Just fly a lot online and you'll bump into people you enjoy flying with in a matter of weeks/months
There's a lot to learn, but luckyly there's a lot to find on the net too :D

S! MaX

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to New Members