Im new... but wheres CFS3?

Welcome everyone. Here you will find forum guidelines and posting tips. This is also the place to introduce yourself to rest of the community. I think you'll find we're a welcoming lot.

Moderators: MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Who would Win... Spitfire or ME262?? (I figured spit)

Spitfire Mk IXc
50%
ME262-1a
50%

Total votes : 2

Im new... but wheres CFS3?

Postby Bombercommand12 on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:34 am

Hey im just curious about a few things. It appears that IL2 and Battle of Britain are the flight sims to have today, and anyway I have FS 2004 and CFS3, so i notice there are no topics on these... are they already outdated?? Please fill me in... thanks.
Hitler may have built Fortress Europe, but he forgot the roof!!
Bombercommand12
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:17 am

Welcome Jake,

FS2004 isn’t on the forums (though from time to time it gets mentioned) as the site is focused on the military aspects of flight sims (the old site name was Mud Movers…. Well that was a while ago).

That of course leads onto why there isn’t a forum for CFS3. Well to be honest, I suspect that there hasn’t been enough interest in it from the visitors of this site (Euro can answer that one). This site, though it does cover other sims, has it’s core with IL2 FB. Now the reasons for this get personal and has resulted in many of a flame war on other forums. I personally was never drawn into CFS3 (though have it), IL2 on the other hand; I found that it offered a further sense of realism that I didn’t find in CFS3 (I came from a Microsoft flight sim background, well, actually before Microsoft was into publishing that title).

Another reason I believe is that there is a very strong on line community with IL2. There are many online squadrons and general fliers on line. The beauty of IL2 is that the code is locked and only the developer can add aircraft, objects, and maps. This means that everyone has the same version and therefore there are no in compatibility issues with online play.

Support for IL2 has been great, there have been many, many free patches that have added an amazing number of flyable aircraft. As of late there has been pay ware add ons published by the developer as they finally wrap up their work on the IL2 series and move onto Storm of War: Battle of Britain (SOW: BoB). Do not confuse this with Shockwaves BoBII Wings of Victory which is already out.

As for the poll. Well it all depends on the tactics and the situation at the end of the day. If you start to turn and burn with a Spitfire in a Me-262 you’re going to get nailed. If in a Me-262 and you have the energy you’ll be able to control the situation and hope for a deflection shot, which, with it’s 4x 30mm in the nose, well….. the Spitfire will fall apart if hit.
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:57 am

Welcome to Airwarfare!
I can only agree with V/JG1_Oesau.

If flown the right way the me262 is an (allmost) certain winner against the Spitfire.

Airwarfare has allways supported any combat simulator, and if there is enough interest forums for other simulators will be created, and those simulators will be supported. If nobody posts however, a forum looses it's right to exist - what's the use of an empty forum ;) - So I would say by all means "Start posting" :D In recent years IL-2 and it's community have been very active; but if you take a look around you'll see AW doesn't discriminate against any Flight sim. You can allways use the General Topics Forum.
As allways EURO_Snoopy will have the last say in what's created or not since it's his site.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Bombercommand12 on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:48 pm

Thanks for the info guys... I like the third CFS, but it sure seems there are some better ones out there, and i plan on checking them out. As for the Spit vs. 262, I asked because my friend bet me that an ME262 could take down a spitfire, no contest. I brought out the argument and said, yeah the 262 was fast, and had a punch, but it could by no means turn on a dime. It would be my thought that that the spits manuverability would take down the Jet. I tested this, and was able to shoot down a 262-1a in a spit mkix. (with all realism settings on.) then i flew the 262, and apparantly the four 30mms werent enough... I got blown out of the sky. I guess, however, it depends on the situation. 8) The victor must really depend on the pilot.
Hitler may have built Fortress Europe, but he forgot the roof!!
Bombercommand12
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:16 pm

It's true that the skill of the pilot (knowledge of airplane capabilities and combat maneuvres) is the most important factor in a guns-only dogfight. Although the plane does matter, IMHO it takes a second place.
I'm realy looking forward to the new jets that will be in the Sturmovik 46 DVD that's coming mid November. can't wait to fly those MiG 9, Ta 183 and me262 HG II :D Even the new He162 models should be very interesting; I've allways loved the Volksjäger for it's great visibility and maneuvrebility.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to New Members