I'm proud to introduce myself

Welcome everyone. Here you will find forum guidelines and posting tips. This is also the place to introduce yourself to rest of the community. I think you'll find we're a welcoming lot.

Moderators: MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

I'm proud to introduce myself

Postby stu on Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi everybody, I'm Stu. :D

I think it's not too late to wish you an happy new year!

I live in France and I own the IL2 1946 last version.

I have a few things to search here to enhance the pleasure to play this fantastic game. I wish I could become better.

Firstable, I'll ask for information concerning the choice of a hard drive. It'll be my first post.

Then, I wil have to find accurate information on "how-to-set-you're-fucking-joystick-not-to-fly-like-a-drunk-bee!" :evil:
Since 1946 is out I gonna become crazy.

If you decided to reply my future posts please don't use words you found in the last edition of your dictionary... I don't have it!

Ok guys, I hope read you soon and I wish you good time on our favorite warbird sim. Bye.
stu
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MudPuppy on Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:59 pm

Hey Stu, welcome to Airwarfare. I'm sure you'll find that this is an excellent gathering of quality people and information. I'll pass on any discussions of hard drives and leave that to the tech-wizards you'll find here. :smt024

I'd first check out the Joystick Setup Guide here in the Tech Help section. It's some great information and quite helpful.
Airwarfare's sister site, Mission4Today.com, also has some joystick utilities in it's downloads section. Of course a search of the forum here will often give you the answer you're looking for because chances are high that someone else had the same issue before.
Later,
MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:14 pm

Hi Stu, welcome to Airwarfare Network!
And a happy new year to you too!
A very good hard drive would be a Samsung Spinpoint T133.
300 GB IDE 7200 rpm 27-29dBa noise (that's allmost no noise), very little heat production, and if you use an 80-wire (UDMA100) cable it can use DMA mode 5 (133-166 MB/s = UDMA/133 UDMA/166). it's my main drive now since a couple of months.
Check the Joystick guide MudPuppy referred to, and check a free utility called IL-2 JoyControl that can be downloaded from our sister site http://www.mission4today.com (downloads section)

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to New Members