He 111 cockpit instrument panel quiz

Welcome everyone. Here you will find forum guidelines and posting tips. This is also the place to introduce yourself to rest of the community. I think you'll find we're a welcoming lot.

Moderators: MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

He 111 cockpit instrument panel quiz

Postby ignaciojavier on Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:45 pm

Dear forum:

Does anybody know what is the instrument with the bright green dot on the top left side ? Are there any guides for the different cockpits in FB ?

Thank you very much
ignaciojavier
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:44 pm

Welcome to airwarfare forums, we have a cockpit reference guide on M4T according to the guide that would be the Blind Approach indicator.
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:14 pm

Sould be the landing indicator... An early form of ILS. Quite innovative those WW II German engineers.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

thank you all

Postby ignaciojavier on Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:51 am

I appreciate your help. For many hours still, I think I will be landing visualy. Again, very helpful your advice on the guide.
ignaciojavier
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:21 am

I'll post back once I discovered how it works (again). IIRC the dot will indicate position high/low and left/right over glidepath once close enough to the runway. Haven't used the thing in years

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:14 pm

OK I found a nice reference in the German Sturmowiki (hosted by http://www.sturmovik.de) here (German language of cause)
The dot will show in which direction you should correct the glidepath. If it's in the center you are on the right glidepath.
If there are too many friendly landingstripsnearby, or your distance to the strip is too big, it will show incorrect results.
The instrument is more sensitive in the horizontal than in the vertical.
The instrument will start working within a radius of 10 km of the airport. It seems the B25 and G4M1 Betty also have ILS instruments, but they don't work in the game - Ooooleg! lol

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Thank you again

Postby ignaciojavier on Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:50 pm

Dear Max Mhz:

Your information is very useful for a newcomer. I impose myself not to spend too many hours flying as I found it is highly addictive. I guess I´ll practice the ILS procedure patiently to see if it works. I have a FB 1.0 version and needs a lot of patching up as I´ve realized reading the forum.

Thanks again.
ignaciojavier
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:09 pm

NP - We're allways glad to help at Airwarfare Network :) - you are correct there are a lot of patches. We got the superb commitment of Oleg and his team to thank for that. It's a great simulator, and with each patch/addon it gets better. It's not one of those games that lands in the bin after a week ;)

Don't forrget to enjoy flying between all the learning and patching ;)

Have fun!

S! MaX

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to New Members