Hello from new member old WW2 soldier/pilot

Welcome everyone. Here you will find forum guidelines and posting tips. This is also the place to introduce yourself to rest of the community. I think you'll find we're a welcoming lot.

Moderators: MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Hello from new member old WW2 soldier/pilot

Postby Joachim on Sat May 05, 2007 12:58 am

Hello.
Just got my VAC and not yet fully operational.
Started Simm decades ago with the old Arcade style and then on to MS simms and others to lately BoBWoV.
Am an 82 year old Great Grandfather and spend 3 years in WW2.
Flew Gliders in 1940 - 1942 then drafted to German Luftwaffe technical arm and finally we mechanics having volunteered for flight duty many times were called in 1944 to pilot school. Schools closed in start of 1945 due to the Russian front closing in and then send to infantry combat on the Eastern front and wounded April 1945.
Found the girl I met in pilot school again in 1946 and married now for 60 years.
Thats all folks now you know me.
Hals und Beinbruch
Glider Pilot 1940 - 1942
Obergefreiter und Flugzeugfuehrer 1944
Joachim
Joachim
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Sun May 06, 2007 6:22 am

Welcome to the forum Joachim, it's great to hear from a member with some real life experiences of the era we all study and try to experience in a very limited way through simulations.
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby Bearcat on Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:32 am

That's awesome.. Id love to hear your take on some of the AC in this sim. You should go to UBI's IL2 forumsand post there as well.
332nd V.F.G. REDTAILS

Sturmovik Essentials
Bearcat
Sergeant

Return to New Members