Almost New?

Welcome everyone. Here you will find forum guidelines and posting tips. This is also the place to introduce yourself to rest of the community. I think you'll find we're a welcoming lot.

Moderators: MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Almost New?

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:18 pm

Okay so I decided to take a short hiatus from IL2 and the forums to focus on my work and a pending move to a new town. I didn't think it would turn out to be this long to get most of my life back into some semblance of order.

I have missed this esteemed group and hope to have my office space and controllers back into a working set-up pretty darned quick.

It's good to be back. :P :P :P
MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby MaXMhZ on Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:05 pm

Good to have you back MP!

Welcome to your virtual home.

Beer's in the fridge :smt030

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:37 pm

Excellent! I just spent the last 3 hours trying to tame a corner garden that has been growing wild for the last year or so. I need to replenish some lost fluids after that time in the sun.

I hope all has been well in your neck of the woods, Max.
I've been checking the few shops that have a wide selection of imported brews, looking for some good NL or Belgian brands. Any suggestions after that Kasteel (sp?) brand?

Later,
MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby MaXMhZ on Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:10 pm

Thanks, I'm doing OK, just had a couple of medical exams last week, and I'm getting a full disability allowance as of october - That's a lot better than welfare over here - the only other option ;) According to the doctors and therapists I've reached the end of my revalidation. No more progress is to be expected. I'm OK with that as long as it doesn't get worse. I would hate to dislocate my shoulder again :( - way to annoying and painfull.

Dutch beers are comparable to German ones, unless you take the very small and hard to get breweries. The biggest ones are Heineken and Grolsch, both should be available in the US. I myself prefer Gulpener and Grolsch.
Belgian beers have a very wide spectrum. Some notable are Kriek bier where they add cherries to the brew process (Belle Vue, Liefmans) They do have a cherry taste, Witbier ('white' beer), a high-yeast slightly acidic but very refreshing beer (Hoegaarden) Great for summertime.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:31 pm

I wish you the best then, my friend. As a matter of fact I did just pop open a Heineken and I'll have a toast to your health and recovery. :drinkers:

Grolsch is decent as well, with a cool bottle to boot. I'll keep an eye out for "Hoegaarden" the next time I'm at the shop.

Off to my friends winery for a little jazz festival, or maybe it's Motown. Guess flying will have to wait till Sunday.
MP
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Return to New Members