Your webslave. EURO_Snoopy aka Gamekeeper

Welcome everyone. Here you will find forum guidelines and posting tips. This is also the place to introduce yourself to rest of the community. I think you'll find we're a welcoming lot.

Moderators: MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Your webslave. EURO_Snoopy aka Gamekeeper

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:38 am

Hello everyone. Here are a few brief notes about myself.

My first name is Jim, I'm almost 44 years old and I live in a town called Didcot which is near Oxford, southern England.

For work I drive a Fork Lift Truck in various warehouses locally.

Hobbies are primarily this website, the IL2 series and computers in general. I am also interested in reading, scifi, horror as well as scientific and technical books.

I have a broad taste in music covering Classical to punk rock. I generally dislike folk and disco music though.

Current favorite Bands
1. Coldplay
2. Oasis
3. The Clash

I'll probably introduce you all to the dogs later......
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby CrazySchmidt on Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:35 am

Ok following Jims format:

My web name is "CrazySchmidt" my actual name is "Ian". I was born and still live in Auckland, New Zealand.

I am 40 years old and am married with two children aged 9 and 7. I work as a CAD and general systems developer/manager.

My hobbies are general computing but programming in particular, PC gaming, (the IL-2 series mostly with a little bit of FPS fun at work during lunch break), rock music, I have played guitar in several bands in past years, but now my involvement is purely listening rather than playing and my taste has broadened considerably over the years.

My evenings (after the kids are in bed) are consumed with a combination of programming Mission Mate, playing the IL-2 series sim and going to the movies regularly with my wife.

Who's next?
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby WWSensei on Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:52 pm

Callsign is WWSensei. Sensei was my callsign in the USAF and the "WW" tacked on the front is from my squadron . the Wing Walkers. I've been a member of the WW since April 1996 with Flying Circus and Red Baron 2, but the squadron itself dates back 1992 and the original Red Baron on TSN...

40 years old, married, 2 kids (18 year old daughter in college and a 16 year old son). I am a Sr Software Dev Manager for a large security software company. In my previous life I was a pilot in the USAF and have flown a variety of aircraft from C-152s up through the F-16. While my license isn't current I do beg, borrow, whine, finagle, swindle and just about any other method available to snag air time with friends family, and acquainentences. Once the kids are clear of college I'll have money again to take it up full time.

Hobbies are martial arts, gaming. Still write code whne the itch strikes (latest project was writing devicelink wrapper for IL2 in C++ and then a driver application for my GoFlight modules to work with IL2).

Favorite music is by far old fashioned rotgut, New Orleans Blues.
WWSensei
Flight Sergeant

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:18 am

Callsign is II./JG2_Oesau (no surprises there!), real name is Mike. I am 30, married and live in Sydney Australia but I'm originally from Wellington New Zealand. We have two dogs which are our children.

At the moment I'm a IT Project Manager but have been a web operations manager along with being a web engineer.

I consider myself new to the world of IL2, though have been playing it for nearly two years. Played all types of flight sims but consider WWII my niche. I generally play online with my squadron mates (which has created a entirely new aspect to the game) but do enjoy perfecting general flying techniques offline (throw back to Microsoft FS). I don't consider myself to be a "crack shot" but my enthusiasm within the squadron has meant my promotion to 2IC.

Have always been interested in aviation, since a very young age have always had books on them. German aircraft have always held a fascination with me and that's the reason I'm in a JG. Of course during my teenage years my interests we "diverted" to such things as music which is still another important component in my life. I used to play the guitar but that has faded away over the past few year. Music has always been varied, though I have a soft spot for "trash".

Learnt to fly at 16 and got my PPL at 19. I am not currently rated but fly as often as possible with my wife's step father back in NZ (has his own airstrip and taildragger).
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby Proud IL2 ACE on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:53 am

Hi. I am Il2 ace and I am an alcoholic. Just kidding. I've been wanting to use that one. :lol:
My real name is David Mathew Covarrubias I am 14 and in the 8th grade at Emerson Jr. High in Enid, Oklahoma. My hobbies are Gaming, model airplane bulding, and internet surfing. I was born in La Paz, Bolivia on December 22, 1992.
Proud IL2 ACE
Flight Sergeant

Return to New Members