Hi everyone

Welcome everyone. Here you will find forum guidelines and posting tips. This is also the place to introduce yourself to rest of the community. I think you'll find we're a welcoming lot.

Moderators: MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Hi everyone

Postby thommo1961 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:21 am

I found the forum trying to solve my installation problems with IL-2 (original). I'm very impressed by the work put in by many people trying to solve issues for others.

I haven't played a flight sim for a long time, my last one was the F-16 Fighting Falcon (if my old feeble memory serves me correct [1961 isn't the kills I have]) game and I have never flown in a on-line game - I have a bit of practice to do before I become fodder for all you hot jocks.

Anyway, i'm going to try one last time to get my game up and running before I start posing questions to you guys. My approach is going to be:
Uninstall what I have done already - but I'm not game to go into the registry
Defrag the disk
Double check I have the latest ms-xp patches and DirectX 9.0c all installed.
Try and find an updated driver for my 82845G on-board graphics engine (I can see all your eyes rolling :) ).
Turn down hardware acceleration (I didn't think this impacted anything but sounds)
Install out of the box from the ROM drive not RW drive
Patch to 1.1 (without even trying to play)
Patch to 1.2 (without trying to play)
start up and then I expect to see the "cannot locate CD message"
patch with the rts.dll
start up and hope the thing works and I have mouse operation in the main menu.
Have a beer. and read the manual :D

Cheers
thommo
thommo1961
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:34 am

Hey thommo welcome to the forums. I can't see you having any problems as you seem to have the installation procedure all wrapped up :smt023

Graphics? :roll: hehe

The rts.dll available from UBI is for Forgotten battles and is not suitable for IL2 so make sure you use the right one, however you shouldn't need it as the cannot locate CD problem is FB related.

1961 here too, good luck and many happy hours of flying
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Return to New Members