Thanks EURO_Snoopy and Airwarfare

Please post broken links, download problems, praise or criticism here.
Please also let us know what you would like to see on airwarfare.

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy, Luckyboy1

Thanks EURO_Snoopy and Airwarfare

Postby CrazySchmidt on Sun May 14, 2006 8:30 pm

Thanks Euro_SNOOPY and Airwarfare for providing the step by step download for the new Pe-2 addon.

I decided to bite the bullet and buy this sucker last night, despite my fear of the evil Boonty, which helpfully turned out to be all in French. :roll:
I figured out how to change the download interface to English, but then the installation process went to French :roll:

Hm hmm... what an interesting experience, if it hadn't been for the guide with pics I'm sure I would have screwed it up somewhere through the process.

It's moments like these that remind me exactly why I have made Airwarfare home for this hobby of mine.

Cheers guys, now it's off to update that program of mine I suppose.

CrazySchmidt. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun May 14, 2006 9:39 pm

It's in French?? - man! just when I thought UBI had recovered from it's madness they start doing stupid things all over again... will they never learn?
That boonty stuff is bad enough on it's own, although I did hear you could remove t after the download... but if they start messing with the installation language too - what's next? It's time they kicked their commercial trolls in the ass... People are not willing to install these kind of malware on their systems - at least I'm not. I already invested a far too large amount of money to keep malware/spyware /adware off my system to be putting something on it that has even a slight chance of installing stuff like that. I'd rather pass and not fly a Pe2 than taking that chance - and I don't need much more BS from UBI to not buy any game from them ever again either. :( How insane do they think their customers are?

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby 100th_Alien on Sun May 14, 2006 11:11 pm

MaXMhZ wrote:That boonty stuff is bad enough on it's own, although I did hear you could remove t after the download.... I'd rather pass and not fly a Pe2 than taking that chance - and I don't need much more BS from UBI to not buy any game from them ever again either. :( How insane do they think their customers are?

The Boonty is easy to remove and don't "RUN" the program, "SAVE" it, then simply remove the boonty all together, I wasn't gonna get it either until a friend showed me the required files I needed only.
"The four elements: earth, air, water, and fire. Of these, I call your attention to two: air and fire. As pilots we live in the air, but we die by fire."
100th_Alien
Flight Sergeant

Postby CrazySchmidt on Mon May 15, 2006 12:21 am

Despite the nonsense with the whole language thing, the add-on installed quite easily and runs well and I'm fairly sure I have gotten rid of Boonty as well.
The stupid part of this for me was that the whole ordering process was in English and then when the download started..., "damn what the... I can't understand a word of this!" :shock:, then finally I find a language selector, change it to English only to find I had to stop Boonty and restart it again to get English.
Finally when the *.exe was downloaded, I thought great, this should be easy from here, only to find that the installation process was in French also :shock:.

You may call me crazy (in fact most of you do), but when I purchase through an English language site I would at least expect the whole process to be in English also.

Ah well, at least I can fly Pe-2's and 3's now.

Cheers,
CrazySchmidt. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon May 15, 2006 6:49 pm

yup real smarties over at boonty :p

I went over to there .net address to find loads of little flaggies and them boasting about how secure they were using SSL no less hihaa - talk about swiss cheese and holes :D They (ofcause) boasted 'bout their low low prices. I found they had IL-2 Sturmo on sale for 15,95 euro (5 euro with a cd in the most expensive shop over here ;) and no download time there either... Real smart! UBI's on the best way to bankruptcy if you ask me :p
I hope this follie dies faster than the last one and they don't inflict more damage on 1C:Maddox

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to Website Comments