F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions.) & Troubleshooting I

Forum for the discussion of Aces MAT Manager

Moderator: Aces

F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions.) & Troubleshooting I

Postby Aces on Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:57 am

F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions.) and Troubleshooting Information.

IL2-MAT Manager (all versions) :

Run-time Error'70': permission denied

If you experience a Run-time Error'70': permission denied error in IL2-MAT Manager when the program is copying files then this can be resolved in the following manner. The error occurs when IL2-MAT Manager cannot copy files because one or more folders and/or files have become write protected (read only).

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your game folder.

In this folder you will find the following folder named "CoopRegt" and in the PaintSchemes folder there will be two sub-folders named "Regiments" and "Cache". Repeat the following procedure for each of these folders.

Right click on the folder and then select "Properties" and the following window will appear:

Remove the tick next to "Read Only" in the "Attributes" section.

Click on "Apply" and the following window will appear:

Leave the option entitled "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files" enabled and then click on "Ok".

Make sure that you repeat the above procedure on the CoopRegt, Regiments and Cache folders.

53 Error with IL2-MAT Manager v2.10

If you experience 53 file not found errors in IL2-MAT Manager v2.10 please download and install the v2.11 mini-patch from the following download link:

IL2-MAT Manager v2.10 to v2.11 mini-patch download.

Do not un-install version 2.10, the v2.11 download contains just the IL2-MAT Manager.exe program which should be installed into your IL2-MAT Manager folder. Version 2.11 resolves two bugs in v2.10 which came to light after program release which caused 53 errors when a couple of markings combinations were selected.

Rare 429 Errors with IL2-MAT Manager.

This isn't really a frequently asked question as it has only occured once however an IL2-MAT Manager user recently reported experiencing 429 errors when running IL2-MAT Manager. He kindly reported that he fixed the problem by downloading and running the Windows® Script 5.6 for Windows® 2000 and XP available from Microsoft®. Below is a link to information on the download on their Download Centre website.

Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP.

I'd recommend that you only download and install this script if you are experiencing 429 errors when launching or running IL2-MAT Manager. As previously stated, from my experience, 429 errors are extremely rare.

Configuring IL2-MAT Manager 2 to work without IL2-MAT with game version 3.03 and later.

IL2-MAT Manager version 2.00 and later are designed to work without requiring IL2-MAT in conjunction with both the "merged" or "stand-alone" game versions 3.03 and later. To enable IL2-MAT Manager to run as a stand-alone application you will need to do the following:

Step 1: Open your game's configuration file "conf.ini" with a text editor such as notepad and add the line ClearCache=0 in the section entitled [game] as shown below. When you have done this save the file and exit the text editor.

Step 2: Either exit or de-activate IL2-MAT if it is running as shown below:

Step 3: Run IL2-MAT Manager and ensure that the "PF v3.03+ (no IL2-MAT needed)" option in the Control Panel is ticked as shown below. Select you choice of markings and quit IL2-MAT Manager. Launch the game and your choice of markings should be displayed instantly without and loading delays.

Note after you have tested that the markings are being displayed in the game you can un-install IL2-MAT using Windows' add/remove programs feature.

IL2-MAT Manager markings options and different game versions.

IL2-MAT Manager was originally written to include markings options for aircraft types and nationalities included with the IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles™ game and later developed and further developed to include aircraft models and nationalities added in the Ace Expansion Pack™ add-on, Pacific Fighters™ game and subsequent game patches and add-ons. IL2-MAT Manager will work with all releases of the game from the original IL-2 Sturmovik™ game to the latest release of Pacific Fighters™. Please be aware that some of the markings options apply to aircraft and nationalities added in later game versions and the selection of these markings options will have no effect in earlier games/ versions such as the original IL-2 Sturmovik™ game or stand-alone installations of Pacific Fighters™ as these games do not contain these aircraft models and/or nationalities. You can freely select these options but they will be ignored by the game as the aircraft types and/or nationalities to which they apply are not present in the game. All markings options can be displayed in the combined IL2FB+AEP+PF game installation.

IL2-MAT & IL2 MAT Manager Quick Troubleshooting Guide.

The following are the most frequent causes of failure to display the IL2-MAT substitute markings graphics.

I cant' see any new graphics in the program.

This is most probably an IL2-MAT program configuration issue. Please check that the following has been correctly configured. Below is a screenshot of the IL2-MAT configuration screen.

1. Launch IL2-MAT.

2. Right click on the program's system tray icon.

3. Click on "Configuration" and the screen show above will appear.

4. Make sure that the path entered into "IL-2 Location" is the correct path to you IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles™ folder.

5. Make sure that the path entered into "Custom markings location" is the same as above but contains "\CoopRegt\" at the end of the line.

6. Click on the blue "+" symbol located to the bottom right of the configuration screen in the "File types to be copied" section and then type in "MAT" and click on OK.

7. If you wish IL2-MAT to launch on startup then click in the "Load on Windows startup" box else you will have to launch IL2-MAT manaually before running IL-2 Forgotten Battles.

8. Click on OK to close the configuration screen and save your settings.

After you have done the above please right click again on the IL2-MAT system tray icon and make sure that there is a check mark next to "Active" else IL2-MAT will not detect IL-2 Forgotten Battles launching and will not copy the neccessary substitute markings files.

9. Ensure that you have copied the "il2hook.dll" file suplied in the download into you IL2-MAT program folder.

Failure to setup the above correctly will cause failure to display the custom markings files. You must configure IL2-MAT correctly else the following will happen.

Failure to detect IL-2 Sturmovik™ launching and copy markings files.

Incorrect "IL2-Location" path setting.

IL2-MAT not "active"

il2hook.dll not correctly installed.

Incorrect "Custom markings location" path setting.

Failure to set "MAT" in "File types to be copied"

IL2-MAT Manager (versions v1.00-v1.42):

When I start IL2-MAT-Manager I get an "Internal error in cboStab2_Click(). or an "Internal error in cboFinish_Click() etc.

This is caused by the conf.ini file located in your IL2-MAT Manager folder being from a previous version, please make sure that you are running the latest conf.ini as supplied with each program update.

When I exit MAT Manager I get a "Run-time Error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set.

This is caused by the conf.ini file located in your IL2-MAT Manager folder being from a previous version, please make sure that you are running the latest conf.ini as supplied with each program update.

After upgrading to a newer version of the program the graphics displayed in the game do not match my choice of options set in IL2-MAT Manager.

This is most probably because after upgrading from a previous version of IL-2 MAT Manager you didn't first delete the contents of your main CoopRegt folder. When updating to a newer version of the program it is important that you also delete all MAT files in your main CoopRegt folder (not the sub-folders of CoopRegt) this will ensure that you start with a fresh install eg. the new conf.ini file supplied with the new version will have all options un-selected and will be in synch with the contents of your CoopRegt folder which initially doesn't contain any MAT files.

To correct this please delete all MAT files in your main CoopRegt folder, re-install the conf.ini file that came with the update to your IL2-MAT Manager folder and then run the program and setup the options according to your choice.

I do not see weathered German hakencross and balkencross markings.

In order to display weathered haken and balken crosses there are two sections on the GUI that need to be setup correctly. The choice of styles is set under the Weathered Hakencrosses and Balkencrosses section but the markings are enabled by selecting "Germany" in the Weathered National Markings section.

I don't see the HL - UBI and FB buttons located in the bottom corner of the GUI.

This is because either you haven't got a required font installed or, more probably, you have the Windows "Large Fonts" setting enabled. This problem is resolved in version 1.31 and later.

When I select the "White 1" option in the Stab Markings section and quit IL2-MAT Manager I get one or all of the following errors.

This error occurs only when you have seleted one or more of the "White 1" options and the Fw190a and Bf109e Jabo Letter Markings option located in the Special Markings Options section is also enabled. I have corrected this in the new version 1.33 which I will be posting to the website this evening (15/04/04).

IL2-MAT Manager (versions v1.50 and v1.51)

I get a 53 File not found error when exiting IL2-MAT Manager

The cause of this error has been fixed in version 1.60. In the meantime you can solve the problem by setting all options to their default values. Quit IL2-MAT Manager and then re-launch the program and set your options as back to your personal preferences.

IL2-MAT Manager (versions v1.60 and later)

I get the following error when running IL2-MAT Manager.

This error is something to do with the Windows Installer component of the install program. When SETUP.EXE is run as part of the IL2-MAT Manager install procedure it first installs the Windows Installer software and then installs Il2-MAT Manager. This seems fine on the majority of systems but sometimes the above error occurs when installing a new version of Il2-MAT Manager on systems that have previous version of the program and thus also have the Windows Installer allready installed. There is a tried and proven solution for this problem.

1. First un-install IL2-MAT Manager using the Windows add/remove programs feature in Control Panel (DO NOT UN-INSTALL THE MAT AND TGA FILES OR DELETE YOUR "COOPREGT" FOLDER).

2. Then re-run the Il2-MAT Manager installer that comes with the download and choose the "Run WinZip" option as shown below.

3. When the contents of the zip file are displayed run the IL2-MAT Manager.msi file. This file will install IL2-MAT Manager without re-installing the Windows installer as happens when Setup.exe is run as part of the normal installation process.

IL2-MAT Manager (versions 1.91 & 1.92):

The above error appears when selecting the VVS font four option for the YAK9/P-39 Series plane grouping. This error is fixed by downloading the v1.92.1 program-only mini patch The download consists of a zip file containing just the IL2-MAT Manager.exe program and can be downloaded from this link: IL2-MAT Manager v1.92.1 mini program patch.

Please unzip the new file to your IL2-MAT Manager folder, by default, C:\Program Files\IL2-MAT Manager which will replace the file of the same name located in this folder.

There is no program re-configuration to do and you do not need to un-install your current v1.92 installation or any of the other files supplied with version 1.92.
Aces
Utilities Developer

Return to MAT Manager