IL2-MAT Manager v2.35 upgrade information

Forum for the discussion of Aces MAT Manager

Moderator: Aces

IL2-MAT Manager v2.35 upgrade information

Postby Aces on Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:24 pm

Hi all,

I posted this originally on another forum to answer a question about the correct procedure to upgrade directly from IL2-MAT Manager v2.33 PLUS to IL2-MAT Manager v2.35.

Version 2.35 should not be installed over v2.33 PLUS as it doesn't contain the extra MAT and TGA files supplied with the v2.34 upgrade. It (the v2.35 upgrade) contains extra MATs and TGAs (the Italian markings files). If you do so it will error when you select any of the new markings options added with v2.34 such as the new late-war Luftwaffe fighter National markings options as it cannot find the required MAT and TGA files.

If you are upgrading from v2.33 PLUS please follow the procedure detailed below.

1. Un-install v2.33 PLUS using Windows' Add/Remove programs.

2. Run the v2.34 installer, let it install the MAT and TGA files and then quit the IL2-MAT Manager installer without installing the program.

3. Run the v2.35 installer in it's entirity, eg. it will install MAT and TGAs and then install the IL2-MAT Manager program.

Alternatively you could :

1. Un-install v2.33 PLUS using Window's Add/Remove programs.

2. Run the v2.34 installer.

3. Un-install v2.34 using Window's Add/Remove programs.

4. Run the v2.35 installer.

The first method is, IMO, quicker and easier.

Best Regards

Aces
Aces
Utilities Developer

Hi there!

Postby C Wilches on Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:42 pm

Hi Leigh :P ! First, my deepest congrats for the space! This is a really, I dare to say, call for duty! We need very much your precious work . Well, concerning the new 2.35version, it´ll be wonderfull if you could add this improvements - a selection for the Italian squadron badge/fasces symbol - on/off. Take a look on the Bf109G/K with Italian markings. The fuselage number is too big. A smaller (half size) is more appropriated (and place it a little forward). A selection of Mc200/202 number colors would be nice too - Yellow, black, green and white for example. We already know about your troubles :cry: but take your time! There´s a lot of things more important than a flight sim! Wish you the best!!! :D
C Wilches
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Aces on Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:54 pm

Hi Claudio,

A quick reply as I'm at work.

Thanks for your message, I'll see what I can do. You're right I do have much more important things on my mind than a flight sim right now but I'll do my best when I can.

Cheers

Leigh/Aces
Aces
Utilities Developer

Postby C Wilches on Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:57 am

Leigh, after checking some material I found that the Regia Aeronautica and ANR 109s wore the fuselage in-flight numbers almost at the same place. Is one fuselage section behind from the game´s default. You can check by yourself. The skins of 109G6 and 109G10 already done show it clearly. No doubt of the size - Half size at least. Interesting to note the fact that the Macchi 202/205 in Luftwaffe side bare the Balkankreusz in fuselage, so I believe that an ANR tricolor flag can be sticked on it as well. OK Leigh, don´t go rush and take your time!! Cheers!!
C Wilches
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby EJGr.Ost_Caspar on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:21 pm

And while you still tweaking italian settings, maybe you can fix your italian markings too? Most of your markings are wonderfull, but these I find a bit incorrect. See here:

http://ourworld.cs.com/VeltroF/FASCI.jpg

and compare to

http://aces_artwork.airwarfare.com/Il2- ... _Large.jpg

If you are low on time due to private issues, I could help you on creating *.TGA files, if you like.

caspar@jagdgruppe-ost.de
ICQ#: 68858862

:wink:
EJGr.Ost_Caspar
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby Aces on Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:12 pm

Hi Claudio,

I cannot put the Italian flag on the fuselage in place of the Balkenkreuze as they are shared with at least one wing position and thus you'd have them on the wing too. Better thay were on the skin.

i'll see what else I cn do, I've finnished quite a lot of new stuff, will post when it is ready.

Thanks Casper I have chaged the Italian 1940-43 and 40-43 Low Vis markings to the new type. They'll be included in v2.36.

Best regards

Leigh
Aces
Utilities Developer

Return to MAT Manager