Mat Mgr new guy

Forum for the discussion of Aces MAT Manager

Moderator: Aces

Mat Mgr new guy

Postby PapaG39 on Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:47 pm

I have tried the Mat Manager from time to time since its inception. however, I always seem to manage to loose it along the way & each time I try to get it going again the problems get worse.

I have a clean machine now.

I would like to try it again but I am totally lost as to what ...EXACTLY...I need to download & just how to install to get it working.

What do I download & in what order do I install them.
Are they automatically installed where they are supose to be or do I have to place them individually somewhere.

Actually, all I really want is a Swastika enabler but the swastika enabler that I have always used just will not work anymore. so, I have gotten back to this mat manager and I want to do it right & not get things all screwed up again...

thanks..
PapaG39
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:27 am

Here is an installation guide to MAT Manager
It is for an earlier version, there should be an installation guide somewhere on Aces website, tricky to find stuff though.
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:32 pm

[EDIT: deleted this - see 2 posts down - MaX:)
Last edited by MaXMhZ on Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby PapaG39 on Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:12 pm

Hmmmm..lol...This is getting a bit frustrating.

I am totally unable to, even accidently, run across the 2.33 download link.

I can't even run across anything that says **Mat Manager*

even the google search runs into a dead end for me with "ERROR, page cant be found".

If you have the direct link it would be most appreciated...
thanks
PapaG39
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:18 pm

I'll try to give a roadmap - It's impossible to link to aces' site.
ok here goes: surf to http://www.acesartwork.co.uk - click "skip intro" on the top flash animation window. Anew graphic will appear; don't move the mouse - click on the "As included with... bla bla bla message - at the bottom there are a couple of columns now. Keep an eye on the "Download" one - the links to the files will be in this column. the left one has a description, the right one comments. Now go to the bottom of these columns, and 2.33_PLUS should appear somewhere, along with the others up and including the 2.36 update at the top. There's a link to the online manual too.

I agree it's hard to find. The website is very crowded, and it's all but clear how to navigate it. But then once you have MAT Manager running and find your way around the equally crowded GUI you'll have the best markings available to the IL-2 series Because of the many options available there's not much that can be done to the GUI I fear. The website could be a whole lot improved though. Probably not going to happen.

Remember I'm no expert and I'm not sure which files exactly you should download. 2.33Plus did work with my 4.05m install though.

Hope this helps.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby PapaG39 on Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:56 am

Well, I finely found it & got it working.

Thanks for your help.

The website is about the worst I have ever tried navigating through. nothing is as it seems. Even the actual 2.33 download doesn't say "Download 2.33" It just mentions Mat & a bunch of files...lI don't even know what they are talking about...

I like it simple.

2.33 down load "here"

2.34 down load "here"...etc etc etc...

anyway, thanks.. That is one great big bunch of stuff that I will never use though. lol the only thing that I want is to put the swastika on the tail of the german aircraft...

The only problem though is; if you lhave a skin with all markings but, no stastika, you can't use it without over shadowing the markings already on the aircraft.

oh well, its is better then nothing..
PapaG39
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:07 pm

Well if it's only the swastika you want (they do feel kind of "naked" without it ;) ) did you look at IL-2Stab by mattm? here's a link to SimHQ that announces the latest version. It has some important tips and how to's in the thread too.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Return to MAT Manager