Installed 4.07 and now Aces Mat Mgr does not work

Forum for the discussion of Aces MAT Manager

Moderator: Aces

Installed 4.07 and now Aces Mat Mgr does not work

Postby mandrill on Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:49 pm

Anyone tell me what's happening and how to fix?

Thx!
mandrill
Lance Air Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:40 pm

Did you take the following steps yet:

in the main 1946 game folder:
-1- save il2.exe to a safe directory
-2- rename il2fb.exe to il2.exe
-3- start MAT Manager and point it to il2.exe in the 1946 game folder.

Now it should work.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby mandrill on Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:17 am

I did what you suggested. Mat Mgr will now launch the Il-2 game programme, which it did not do previously. However, Il-2 still will not accept Aces Mat Mgr's mats. I'm still having problems.

I did an atypical installation with 46 over my existing PF 4.05 install in the same folder. Has this screwed me?
mandrill
Lance Air Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:22 am

try clicking "Quit" before starting the game through MAT Manager; also try first run with "ClearCache=1" in conf.ini - after that set it to "ClearCache=0"

might work ...

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby mandrill on Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:19 am

I always "quit" MM before starting Il-2. Seems to be less of a cache problem than a problem of MM interacting with the game. My guess is some scripting issue.

Maybe Aces can offer some suggestions here?
mandrill
Lance Air Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:58 am

I agree mandrill - It's best to wait for the master himself at this point.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby mandrill on Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:55 pm

Bump. I would appreciate any help or suggestions as my Mat Manager still does not work. If Aces could come on this thread and offer some suggestions, I would be very grateful for any assistance.
mandrill
Lance Air Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:07 pm

It might be helpfull if you told what exactly is wrong, and how you installed MM. Ït does not work" is a very very vague description...

As for Aces - we just have to wait. He's quite busy with R/L I think.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby MOC on Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:47 pm

Got the same problem. I have 1946 installed over my previous FB/AEP/PF installation and it worked fine. I had the MAT Manager 2.33 and it worked fine as well - I guess because I had an old il2.exe in that folder...

Well, I then upgraded the MAt Manager up to version 2.36, alway deinstalling the previous version.

No chance.

I renamed the il2fb.exe as told here and in serveral other threads - nothing happens.

I started all over again, testet it step by step. 2.33 is the last version that works, 2.34 or above does not.

When I start 2.34+, serveral markings are changed in the GUI, for example the staff markings for german fighters are a white "1". No matter if i press "Quit" or "Launch FB", the program does not copy anything, in the game I have the default markings only!

Yes, I have "clear cache = 0" and write enabled folders...as I told above, it worked fine with version 2.33!

Any idea, any suggestions?

...an install programm for 2.36 complete would be great... :(
MOC
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby mandrill on Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:50 am

MaXMhZ wrote:try clicking "Quit" before starting the game through MAT Manager; also try first run with "ClearCache=1" in conf.ini - after that set it to "ClearCache=0"

might work ...

Couldn't find "clear cache" in my config.ini. Is this something I have to add myself. Or am I just stupid?

As to what's wrong with my program, well its the same thing as with everyone else. The manager prog simply doesn't interface with Il-2 anymore. I just get the default markings. I'm another guy who installed 1946 over top of FB in the same folder.

I did the rename thing with the .exe file. No use. Aces seems to have completely lost interest in its own product and doesn't seem interested in the problems many people are having in getting it toi work.
mandrill
Lance Air Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:07 am

If "ClearCache=1 " does not appear in your conf.ini file (not config.ini to be sure) you can just add it under the [game] header. Values are either 0 or 1 - It's a switch to clear the markings cache before the game starts.
conf.ini is case-sensitive, so ClearCache=1 is something different than clearcache=1 ;) the last one is not recognized and ignored (no error msg)
I think Aces is very busy with real-life issues atm. He might not like Sturmo 46, but that doesn't mean he abandoned MAT Manager. Cut the guy some slack - he made a wonderfull utility that's VERY complex and has been supporting it for many years, all free of charge. An update to MM alone must be a nightmare with all the files involved. I myself wouldn't come near a project like MM because of everything involved, yet I didn't shy away from large programming projects (think about a stack of paper 1m high when making a printout - and that's 132 column line printing on a mainframe attached printer litterally shooting out into a bin)in the past involving very complex matters. IMHO Aces only deserves our grattitude, not our sour faces. Even if he never works on MM again. That's his choise. And it's probably not even a choise.

NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Can't get mat man working with 4.08

Postby JG27_Pyth on Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:51 pm

Bumpety bumpety bump... is there really no help forthcoming for those of us having trouble get MM to work with 4.07 (now 4.08 )? I have the issues described in this thread... have tried the config ini fix. have tried multiple reinstalls of Mat Man, renamed the il2fb.exe file, etc. Nuthin works.

Yes yes we thank Aces greatly for this phenomenal piece of work! But now I'm a Mat man junkie and I need my fix! I _can't stand_ looking at the the stock cartoony markings, knowing how great the birds look with MM markings. Aces has done so much work... it would be a shame to let all that work languish because of some stupid scripting conflict somewhere.

Puh-leeze oh puh-leeze *looking directly at you with enormous innocent childlike eyes brimming with tears* someone help us.

Pyth
JG27_Pyth
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby :FI:Sneaky on Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:30 am

I'd all but given up on Mat manager, but recently uninstalled and started from scratch; carefully following the instructions on the Aces DL page.

I now have Mat Manager fully patched up and working in 4.08m.

I started Mat manager as each version installed and pointed it at the "Ubisoft/'46 folder".

Give it a go , it's well worth the effort.
:FI:Sneaky
Air Cadet Level 1

Return to MAT Manager